Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Message from Manager - Looking for candidates with a focus on security operations, security triage, cyber investigation, phishing, threat hunting. Thanks.
Qualifications INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER - OPERATIONS:
• Minimum of two (2) years security operations experience with emphasis on responding and investigating security events, phishing and malware analysis. Experienced with threat and/or vulnerability analysis and/or security monitoring/incident analysis. Demonstrated hands-on experience with vulnerability scanning tools as well as SIEM technology is required.
• Strong technical knowledge in information security including operating system administration for Windows and UNIX servers, desktop Windows and Mac systems, application and database security, network access control systems, and/or web development, network and Internet security, Cloud and virtual hosting environments.
• Demonstrated familiarity with administration and use of networking devices including Cisco routers and switches, wireless access points, Palo Alto firewalls, load balancers and VPN devices.
• Working knowledge of IP-based protocols including the ability to perform network traffic analysis with Wireshark.
• Membership in regional and national security organizations such as ISSA, ISC2, ISACA, ACFE, ECTF, Infragard, etc. desired.
• Professional certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry recognized information security credential is preferred.
• Knowledge of network technology and information security monitoring practices. Must have demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
• High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
. • Effective project management skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner. Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
• Proven ability to recognize opportunities for change and act as a catalyst for change management.
The Opportunity: We are seeking an Information Security Engineer OPERATIONS for our Security Engineering and Operations team. Reporting into the Senior Manager of Information Security, this resource will have global responsibility for two critical Information Security areas:
1. Analyze and respond to security alerts/tickets from our SIEM and other security tools covering all locations, work with desktop support to resolve malware incidents within company.
2. The position will assist the Senior Manager to design, implement and provide ongoing relevant information security services as well as communicating risks, exposures, or threats to relevant stakeholders.
The Information Security Engineer also serves as a strong consultant to the enterprise business units, application and technical teams.
• Monitor, respond and evaluate the trending of security alerts generated from several heterogeneous security devices.
• Establish technical standards and process that ensure industry best practices for Information Security are applied to IT and Business systems
• Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
• Monitor, evaluate and provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
• Ensures all information security deployments are properly implemented and supported.
• Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends. Remain current, identify new functionality to meet business needs and foster knowledge sharing.
• Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams
• Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
• Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
• Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects to ensure all information security needs are met
• Work with minimal supervision and be responsible for independently making a broad range of critical decisions. Apply sound judgment, escalating issues and decisions to the appropriate executive when necessary.
Apply by creating/using an account