Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
End Client: Magellan Health
Lead Software Engineer (634067)
Location: Glen Allen VA
Max Submits Per Supplier: 6
Start Date: 13-Jul-2018
Visa: US Citizen or Green Card (Permanent Resident) Only
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and sub-system development.
Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities.
In addition, this role directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies. Works effectively across the entire software development life cycle as a full stack developer. This includes requirements definition, architecting, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems.
Expected to collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business problems on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop code that is scalable, maintainable, efficient and elegant.
- Earnestly look for improvements that can be made to existing solutions, and proposes plans to make those improvements.
- Master Agile (Scrum and KanBan) development processes, techniques, and technologies.
- Code, test, debug, and generate documentation for applications.
- Enhance existing applications and platforms to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
- Actively contribute to the development environment and team with cutting edge technologies to create innovative software systems that will change the industry.
- Define system or software requirements and priorities with end users and proposes solutions.
- Work with engineers and operations staff to develop and/or review technical specs and documentation.
- Find, define, and tackle difficult problems in the following areas: API development, web application hardening, and comprehension of complex data structures.
- Prior leadership experience a plus.
- Other related duties and projects, as assigned.
If working with modern technology stacks excites you, and you want to push the boundaries of your knowledge, all while working in a fun, quick moving, transformational environment, then submit a resume. If you meet our preferred requirements, we're interested. Being the right person for the team is more important than having exactly the right skills.
No PowerBuilder experience necessary
These positions are onsite in Glen Allen, VA.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Programming or other technical field. Equivalent related field experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of work experience in a professional software development position.
- Demonstrated experience using Java 8, Spring 4/5, Spring Boot 1/2, JHipster and other advanced Java technologies.
- Demonstrated awareness of MVC/MVVM/MV* software patterns.
- Modern web stack experience, including both client and server side technologies (full stack).
- Solid experience in writing and tuning SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL functions, procedures, and triggers.
- Working knowledge of AWS Aurora and other relational database technologies, including Oracle 12, SQL Server 2016, and MySQL.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the HTTP/HTTPS protocol.
- Comfortable with, and be able to thrive in, a fun, hardworking, ever-changing, and self-driven environment.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment.
- Be a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions.
Agile, DevOps and Cloud Requirements:
- Acts as expert for automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD.
- Working knowledge of creating microservices and RESTful API's, including understanding of HATEOS, custom headers, and best practices.
- Understand advanced concepts of containers (Docker, Kubernetes), microservices, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Develop highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Identify and track key metrics produced by the application.
- Perform load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
- Experience with Git and Gitflow philosophies.
Critical thinker. Demonstrated problem solving techniques. Strong verbal and written communication skills. IT Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
Apply by creating/using an account