Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Glen Allen, VA - Maryland Heights, MO - Phoenix, AZ / Open to it being a remote position, but candidate must have all required qualifications
Design and implement scaleable Big Data architecture solutions
Architect, design and implement high performance large volume data integration processes, database, storage, and other back-end services in fully virtualized environments
Provide guidance and platform selection advice for common Big Data (Distributed) platforms
Design data flow and processing pipelines for ingestion and analysis using modern toolsets such as Spark on Scala, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, and others.
Develop and recommend Client and innovative - yet proven and demonstrated - approaches to solving business and technical problem using analytics solutions
Design data structures for ingestion and reporting, specific to use case and technology.
Provide data management expertise in evaluating requirements and developing data architecture and refining platform components and design
Mentor and guide junior data engineers, DevOps engineers, share best practices, and perform code reviews
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to utilize the new big data tools
Actively engage and contribute to the Modern Data Architecture community, and drive new capability forward
Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies
This position is the Architecture leader for a business unit or an operational area within the company and is a visible leader both internal and external to Magellan. This role will be included in evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions and help drive Magellan to become a global leader in supporting technology to deliver better outcomes to our members. Must be an expert in architecture methods and technologies across multiple platforms. Shown ability to shape and drive strategic vision. Excel at inspiring, motiving and creating highly productive teams. Expert at attracting, hiring and developing a strong bench of talent. Possesses a unique combination of highly evolved technical skills as well as the ability to envision a strategy and be creative in order to realize ambitious goals on behalf of the business. Inspire the organization to create world-class solutions. Must be passionate about supporting the business and company vision. Ability to communicate a clear point of view from a business perspective in strategic discussions with executive leadership.
Influence changes and system enhancements to business processes, policies, and infrastructure to deliver the most effective IT services.
- Manage the selection, evaluation, contracting and integration of externally available hardware, software, and processes to deliver business solutions.
- Direct and manage, through analysis, the planning, design, development, testing, installation and maintenance of support systems for both internal/external clients.
- Select and build strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring, and other team development techniques, along with regular individual and group meetings.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to satisfy technical business needs and new business proposals.
- Manage and develop project cost estimates, benefits, justification and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manage projects, staff, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve customer and business unit satisfaction.
- Manage, plan and track all budgets and expenses.
- Oversee vendor relationships and projects.
- Direct and manage business process re-engineering associated with existing, developing and implementation of systems.
- Develops and maintains strong, cooperative relationships with other IT services groups. Shares and establishes best practices experiences and opportunities throughout the organization.
- Apply Agile development practices in delivery of transformational programs as required.
Apply by creating/using account