Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Critical Facilities Engineer
Critical Facilities Engineer who understands what best in class service. This Position/Role will be an important member of our facilities team at our Bridgewater Facility where we manage one of the most efficient and cost-effective Data Center/Mission Critical Facilities.
This role will work with a team of other electrical and mechanical focused mechanics/technicians performing and overseeing maintenance and repair for our data center environment and associated infrastructure. The requirement for up-time is imperative as well keeping our facilities maintained to a very high standard in order to insure uninterrupted service for our internal client. Will be working in a Mission Critical/Data Center environment and on associated critical systems (UPS, PDU, STS, Diesel Generators, ATS , Fire Suppression, Mechanical Plant and Environmental Data Room equipment and associated DDC Building Controls Etc.), as well as electrical and mechanical support equipment and systems. No disruption to mission critical infrastructure support elements is paramount.
Responsibilities and Account-abilities
1. Manages/Performs maintenance and service repairs on critical Data Center Systems. (UPS, PDU, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls, Chillers, CRAH Unit, Etc.) This will encompass all electrical equipment and systems that include power distribution components/wiring, electronic components and mechanical systems throughout the data center/facility to ensure efficient operation and adherence with relevant codes.
Interprets building codes and regulations as they relate to electrical/mechanical installation.
2. Reads and reviews blueprints, floor plans, wiring diagrams and job specifications to determine best method of installing/maintaining electrical and mechanical infrastructure. Prepares and presents estimates of cost of parts, equipment, and any supplies of proposed installation or repairs.
3. On-call emergency response to building issues and regional on-call rotation through phone, e-mail, and building automation system.
4. Operate and inspect emergency power generation and reliability equipment; determining if systems are functioning properly and that maintenance is performed in accordance with original manufacturer's recommendations while also following internal protocol. Installs new equipment or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines, relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
5. During staff shifts, schedule, coordinate, and oversee all maintenance vendors during maintenance and break/fix events to ensure personnel safety, protect the Facility's critical equipment, and maintain power to the critical load. Collect and generate vendor field service reports describing all activities (preventive maintenance, repairs, etc.) performed at the Facility.
6. Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with approved MOPs and the company's Mission Critical Facility work rules. Perform periodic technical and quality reviews of all MOPs, SOPs and SOOs to ensure that the most "up-to-date” techniques and safety guidelines are utilized as well as being compliant with City, State and EPA regulations.
Assist/Develop reliability reports (Risk Analysis) to assist in identifying areas of concern that could develop into future problems. Conduct oversight/training with junior technicians and other staff personnel on equipment/system maintenance, repairs and operations
7. Daily walk-through of Facility while documenting parameters such as power availability, temperature and humidity, alarm status, etc. to be cataloged and compared for identification of discrepancies and trends. Ensures availability and capacity targets are achieved and maintained for data center and technical infrastructure for the company Data Center/Operation environment.
Basic Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, Knowledge):
• Minimum six years+ of "hands on” maintenance and repair experience within mission critical facilities. Emergency Generators, Fuel Delivery systems and Parallel Switchgear, electrical distribution (MV/LV switchgear and associated controls), critical and essential PDU's, UPS, switchgear, HVAC, air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, and building monitoring/control systems.
• Possess a complete understanding and working knowledge of all infrastructure components and system operations at the Data Center Facility Environment.
• Demonstrated experience in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing critical electrical distribution systems and components, electrical connections to critical facility equipment , Mechanical support systems and building management/automation equipment using necessary hand tools and testing equipment.
• Ability to read commercial building blueprints and understand electrical single lines and schematics.
• Strong Technical Writing skills and experience as well as creating, coordinating, updating and/or modifying MOP/SOPs/SOOs for critical facilities equipment, to include supporting new systems and researching technical requirements.
• May be required to complete formal training in area of specialty.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to respond to "on call” emergencies, as well as work on nights or weekends when required.
Contractors required to work 40hr/week and includes weekend work.
Shift work needed-- Must have flexibility on hours!
Apply by creating/using an account