Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Can you picture yourself working for one of America's Ideal Employers? Our client is at the center of the world's financial markets and is well known for innovation and openness. They encourage diverse opinions and have a focus on teamwork and providing top value to their clients. They foster a culture of collaboration, creativity, and achievement.
PER MANAGER with Main Focus on candidates he likes to see:
• Enterprise AWS experience
• Container is a big plus to have
• Must have experience and knowledge with CIC Pipeline
Position: Enterprise Cloud Architect
Responsible for designing, creating, communicating and executing the Enterprise Private, Hybrid and
Public Cloud Strategy for client and its subsidiaries. This role will focus on developing Enterprise Cloud
capabilities, both internal, hybrid and external, and all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and Saas.
Collaborates with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development
organizations during Cloud System design and development phases, providing advice, interpretation, and
review of Enterprise Cloud architecture and design principles. Focuses on overall project technical and
architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project
technical team members. Conducts research and understands cloud computing industry trends with
regards to technology and adoption, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and
utilities and how they relate in support of client's overall Enterprise Architecture.
Firm/Enterprise Architecture Related
• Enables client to implement the most optimal and effective, business solutions
• Maintains understanding of existing client applications and technology solutions for leveraging
the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
• Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse client solutions to a single
• Develops and documents architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture specific
standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
• Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties – ensures that ADM,
Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together
• Obtains concurrence and agreement on architecture solutions from, as applicable: Applications
Development, Infrastructure, CISO, Internal Audit, and Product Management.
• Supports adherence to relevant ADM/CMMI, ITIL, internal audit, and risk-management standards.
Architects the group's security policies to ensure compliance with relevant departmental,
company-wide, and industry-mandated policies and directives.
• Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated
• Conducts presentations and education on Architecture's concepts and solutions to appropriate
areas of client.
• Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects,
assuring and resolving adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
• Provides guidance and leadership for clients technology standardization process
• Works across IT to identify opportunities for reusing technology
• Define standards and policies for the security, compliance and governance of data and
information stored or processed at an external Cloud provider, including IaaS (Infrastructure),
PaaS (Application Platform) and SaaS (Software) models
• Establish an Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects
Cloud offerings. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Secure and compliant data and messaging egress and ingress
• Federated authentication and authorization models
• Automated workload lifecycle management
• Data and information at rest encryption and security
• Application porting, integration and maintenance
• On-demand, self-service access to Enterprise Cloud applications, platforms and offerings
• Overall cloud management tools, monitoring, alerting, chargeback, capacity and performance
management, and service level objective definitions.
• Minimum of 10 year experience in IT platform, storage, and network virtualization architecture and
--In depth knowledge of private, hybrid and public cloud offerings and vendors
--In depth knowledge of the complete VMware datacenter and desktop technology stack.
--In depth knowledge of alternative hypervisor platforms and their management capabilities
(Xen, XenServer, KVM, Hyper-V).
--In depth knowledge of storage and network virtualization technologies, capabilities, trends
and the automated interaction with the physical infrastructure (EMC, NetApp, Client, Cisco).
--In depth knowledge of virtualization management and monitoring technologies, capabilities
and market trends
--In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating
• In depth experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration,
cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and
• Experience with Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elasic load balancing / Block / Relational
• Experience architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and
patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution
and human approval workflow design and implementation
• Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation
for virtualized infrastructures
• Experience in Linux System Administration
• Experience scripting with bash, Ruby, Python and/or similar
• Experience in virtualization tools like Vagrant and Docker
• Experience with Continuous Development/Deployment/Integration design and best practices
• Experience managing and working with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible)
• Experience in Agile development practices (Kanban or Scrum)
• Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and work closely with others to drive
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known
interdependencies between those systems
• Ability to handle ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and
able to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
• Experience with IBM Mainframe platforms including LPAR, IFL, zVM & zLinux
• Experience with IBM P-Series platforms including LPAR, dynamic LPAR, Micro-Partitioning,
Virtual I/O Server and Capacity on Demand
• Experience with MS Windows (server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES), AIX
• Experience with Web technologies including web services architectures and security
• Experience with RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC, Sybase, MS-SQL, DB2
• Experience with 10G & 40G network technologies and I/O Virtualization
• Experience overhauling legacy applications to work with modern technologies
• Experienced with Atlassian as an Agile development management tool (JIRA)
• Experience with various application architectures
• Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses
pertinent to cloud, server, storage and network virtualization
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the Process Architecture
• Possesses a detailed understanding of Domain/Area/Team applications and their development
throughout all phases of the lifecycle
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of the business units that the Domain supports
• Exemplifies leadership characteristics in support of DTCC corporate objectives
• Demonstrates proficiencies in business case development, program management, issue
resolution, and communication
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution
across large scale distributed platforms
• Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation
and capacity/scaling challenges
• Strong knowledge related to public/private/hybrid cloud solutions and market trends, PaaS, SaaS,
storage and network optimization
Education, Training or Certification:
• Experience with Amazon's EC2, VPC, and S3, Microsoft's Azure, OpenStack and either the
JBoss SOA stack
• In depth knowledge of Cloud Management tools and methodologies
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred, with extensive hands on experience as a Cloud
Architect in an enterprise environment
• Advanced degree in a technical discipline preferred
Apply by creating/using an account