Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Telecommunication's SMB Product & Innovation team is in search of an energetic, inquisitive Engineer to help us with the application of Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies in next generation products. You will be responsible for testing and executing on the edge and network embedded technologies needed to support the product(s) while working in an intrapreneurial, collaborative environment.
You must be constantly willing to constructively challenge conventional wisdom and / or define technical approaches to situations as they arise, ensuring they are well thought out and meet the overall goals of the program. With minimal guidance, you must also be able to establish technical baselines, engineering approaches and deployment options or scripts, working with both some of the best minds internally and with select technology partners. Come work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and help us make sure "business is better with” Telecommunication.
• Developing, maintaining and supporting technical prototypes and scripts surrounding hardware and software components, including VNFs
• Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
• Performing installation, maintenance and support of software / hardware and user support within lab environments
• Configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
• Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
• Supports high visibility program that has significant Executive & management focus. Qualifications
• Software Defined Networking (SDN) technology, configuration and deployment. Troubleshooting skills are preferred. Versa specific expertise is strongly preferred.
• Hardware (edge router / universal CPE / white box) technology, configuration and deployment, along with advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Software design and engineering, particularly as pertains to Software Defined Networking (SDN) and the ability to create, QA and run appropriate scripts or routines.
• Minimum of 4-6 combined years in information technology, product management, operations and/or network or software engineering. Preference will be given to individuals with telecommunications domain expertise.
• Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities - An individual who can function effectively and drive desired results in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change
• High level of verbal and communication skills, with ability to articulate technical strategy and implementation plans to internal teams and to strategic partners
• Ability to identify internal capabilities/assets and work with cross-functional technical and operational teams to problem resolution or avoidance Individual Contributor Role
• Functional Expert: Acts independently and/or as member of a highly skilled team responsible for identifying and driving technical alignment to meaningful, scalable business opportunities.
• Decision Making Authority: Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
• Work Complexity: Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selection methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Knowledge and Skills: Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires minimum of 6 yrs experience in same or related discipline.
• SDN Expertise and background, e.g., Versa or OpenStack
This is anticipated as a 40 hr / week job with normal working hours, although preference will be granted to candidates who can be flexible with hours as situations so dictate.
Apply by creating/using an account