Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lead ETL Developer – Greenplum with DataStage
role is a highly technical position – considered a technical expert in system implementation - with an emphasis on providing design and warehouse modeling expertise.
Process Management & Documentation
• Work with Leadership to assess project scope and define project plans (schedule and cost estimates)
• Experience in the Software Implementation Lifecycle (SILC) including collection of requirements, documentation of specifications (controls and outputs, workflows, logical processes), and overseeing application design and implementation.
• Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements and design
• Research and evaluate capability with other systems, alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design
• Advises on mechanisms for delivering solutions that demonstrate effective business-IT alignment
Lead knowledge capital development efforts through:
• Extensive data warehouse and ETL development expertise using star schema design and real-time data loads
• Designing innovative system solutions and software development techniques
• Provide testing and production support as necessary
• Evaluate new and existing tools and technologies
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the business's current technology and infrastructure, marketplace changes, client processes
• Determine tools and strategies to address business problems through modeling and understanding key business processes and impact of technology on business processes
• Determine and roll out overall security and systems control policies and procedures
• Minimum 12 years' experience in application development and system analysis.
• Experience with Greenplum and Data Stage a must.
• Demonstrated capabilities in the following disciplines:
o Data Warehousing
o IBM DataStage
o CA AutoSys
o Business Intelligence (Cognos)
o Data Quality and Profiling
o Data Architecture and Data Modeling
• Experience with load strategy and data validation for large data warehouse
• Good knowledge in loading real time data warehousing for intraday ETL processes
• Preferred experience with enterprise scheduling tool like Autosys
• Experience with loading massively parallel processing system like Greenplum, Teradata
• Experience with AWS Cloud Services
• Database performance tuning experience
• Very strong UNIX skills and SQL experience
• Strong understanding of Kimball Methodology
• Good SQL writing capabilities with PG SQL
• Profile Data Sources and provide analytics to Business Partners
• Translates business rules into technical specifications
• Perform Unit Testing and assist Enterprise Quality Assurance and User Acceptance testing teams
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in the Software Implementation Lifecycle (SILC) including collection of requirements, documentation of specifications, application design, implementation and support.
• Demonstrated advanced technical and analytical skills.
• Experience reviewing documentation for the user (i.e. installation, use, and customization of products and services) as necessary.
• Possesses deep, specialized knowledge of Domain/Area/Team applications and their development throughout all phases of the lifecycle
• Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Degree in a technical discipline OR equivalent work history.
Apply by creating/using an account