Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Description: The Material and Logistics operations in the Orange Gas District include the Parts Distribution Center and Orange Storeroom facilities. The Parts Distribution Center (PDC) is a key warehouse operation supporting the statewide material requirements of Gas Delivery’s Appliance Service technicians. This support encompasses the replenishment of all appliance repair parts and the ongoing maintenance of truck inventories for 800 Appliance Service technicians. Each technician is configured as an individual storeroom in SAP which requires ongoing maintenance of inventory balances and replenishment strategies. Roughly 90% of the service technicians are home-base reports, requiring the direct delivery of materials to their primary residences. Since its inception in 1996, the PDC has met the demanding growth of Gas Delivery both in numbers of HBR service technicians and an aggressive expansion in types of appliance repair offerings and associated materials. In recent years, Gas Delivery has requested expanded service requirements to include direct parts deliveries to customer homes and expanded truck inventory requirements to support improvements in their first visit repair rates. The Orange Storeroom is responsible for the daily material and logistics requirements of the Orange Gas District.
The Office Supervisor in Orange is responsible for the day to day operations of the PDC warehouse and storeroom operations for the Orange Gas District. The District storeroom operations include all Gas Distribution and Appliance Service department materials, tools, safety PPE, and equipment and all associated processes and procedures. The supervisor is responsible for the hiring, oversight, and development of 5 permanent Materials Management bargaining unit associates and 3 seasonal temporary associates. The position is also responsible for adherence to all safety and Sarbanes-Oxley controls for the Materials and Logistics operations for this facility.
Office Supervisor position description:
• Responsible for maintaining material balances and cost plan objectives within the company guidelines including overtime, average inventory and material availability levels
• Communicate with AS operating departments to resolve truck inventory replenishment issues and truck stock adjustments
• Oversee workforce consisting of 5 Bargaining Unit employees and all attached responsibilities to meet or exceed Balanced Scorecard Measures and remain in compliance with collective bargaining agreement
• Perform reviews, positive discipline and, where necessary, escalate as allowed in CBA
• Interview and select candidates for the location including seasonal/temporary positions
• Perform all required inspections: Safety reporting, Job Hazard assessments and Job site safety exchanges.
• Manage material orders, returns, discrepancies and adjustments to all stocking locations including trucks, storeroom emergency stocks, and customer direct deliveries
• Work with Gas Operations, Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Technical Support, vendors and other groups to improve processes.
• Manage Orange HVAC equipment (furnaces, boilers, central AC) and associated support materials and tools
• Review and approval of purchase card purchases
• Monitor inbound receipts against supplier purchase orders for accuracy and timeliness in accordance with company policies
• Monitor and validate field returns from internal customers for accuracy and timeliness in accordance with company policies
• Work with suppliers to maintain high purchase fill rates and minimize backorders supporting Appliance Services “Fix-it Right” rate
• Provide notification of discontinued and/or obsolete and substituted materials, including updating SAP Material Masters and class and code labels
• Manage performance of couriers and delivery suppliers
• Manage stock inventories by gauging usage and adjusting Min/Max levels for seasonality and changing demand mix, increasing purchase requisition quantities where applicable and credit card purchases when necessary
• Maintain PDC, Orange storeroom and storage yard facilities in compliance with company, local and federal statutes and policies
• Provide training as required by CBA and company policies
• Provide support and assistance to Materials and Logistics Management Organization as required
• Special projects as assigned
The Office Supervisor position requires a thorough understanding of materials management principles and warehouse operations. The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications: a minimum of 3 years experience managing a warehouse or DC operation –relevant experience must include a pick-and-pack or repair parts operation, preferably in a union environment. Experience managing warranty returns. Comprehensive working knowledge of SAP inventory management & SAP warehouse management, experience with managing serialized inventory, strong written and oral communications skills, ability to manage and develop a diverse workforce, computer literate with demonstrated skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and applicants must posses a valid NJ driver’s license, provide a vehicle and be willing to travel to locations if necessary (in and occasionally out of state). Supply chain experience with heating & cooling materials, appliance repair materials, and/or natural gas delivery materials a plus.
Apply by creating/using account