Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Description: A Technical Product Owner's (TPO)
Assignment Type · Is this role Contract or Possible Contract to Hire? Yes
Assignment Duration · Please confirm anticipated duration of Assignment. 6 months
Required Skills · List 3 - 5 Must Haves Skills / Technologies · Previous product management experience desired / program and or project management as a proxy
· Strong communication skills and experience working in a matrixed organization on cross-functional initiatives
· Experience with agile development methodology and concepts and related delivery and tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
· Ability to work with business and technical team members, translating business requirements into technical specifications for development team
· Ability to understand and identify (and communicate) success criteria from the perspective of the business and in a manner understood by technical team members.
Nice to Have Skills · List 3 - 5 Nice-to-Have Skills / Technologies · Product management certification
Experience · How many years of experience would you like to see on a resume and in what capacity? 5-8 yrs
Education · Does this position require a degree? If yes, in what concentration? Prefer bachelor's degree or above
· Would you consider a candidate without a degree but with X amount of years of experience?
Depends upon candidate
Industry · Would you like to see resumes with experience in a particular industry? Software / technology, SaaS
Work Experience · Are you looking for a particular career history/trajectory? Combination of business and technical experience – understand both sides of the TPO equation with TPO in the middle
· Are there any companies in particular that you like to see on a resume?
Interviews · Do you perform a first round phone interviews followed by face-to-face? Yes
· Do you have anything in your calendar that would prevent you from being able to interview ASAP.
A Technical Product Owner's (TPO) focus will be to write technical functional requirements identified from discussions with the business. These are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve the business asks.
• Collaborate with disparate business groups to optimize the business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
• Write technical requirements, develop business models and define support requirements and processes to ensure work is delivered on schedule.
• Write definition of ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
• Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health. Integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity); and enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated).
• Identify feature-level dependencies and establish milestone release criteria to manage unaddressed issues and detect resolutions, escalate or find the appropriate owner to ensure highest level of quality.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• 5-8 years product management or related experience or Master's degree and 3-5 years of product management or related experience.
• Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary.
• Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
• Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential.
• High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
• Ability to balance technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
• Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
• Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
Apply by creating/using account