Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Redwood City, CA
We are looking for an Accountant that has an aspiration for providing support to the finance and accounting department by managing daily accounting tasks, preparing monthly and annual reconciliations, keeping the books clean and in accordance with GAAP and FAR, and helping to grow the company.
• You are well-versed in accounting tasks such as AP, AR, payroll, GL, monthly reconciliations and are happy in performing routine tasks (paying bills and reviewing expenses) as well as monthly tasks (running payroll, reconciling accounts and preparing financial report).
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with excellent organization and communication skills.
• You are comfortable with numbers and invoices, like analyzing reports and have passion for the work you do.
• This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional who enjoys responsibility and prospers in a dynamic environment.
• You will report to our VP Finance and cooperate fully with a remote outsource accounting team.
• Post monthly JE and prepare monthly reconciliations in accordance with the company’s policy (bank, credit cards, payroll, prepaid / accrued expenses, and deferred revenue).
• Assist in preparation of yearly closings and audits.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual finance reports related to government contracts.
• Analyze balances for proper expense allocation and perform cost analysis by contract.
• Process bills and update AP correspond with vendors and prepare disbursement analysis.
• Issue invoices and update AR, follow on uncollected balances.
• Review and process expense reports.
• Process and reconcile payroll (including for employees overseas), perform labor distribution in accordance with government accounting requirements.
• Assist with on-boarding of new hires.
• Ensure compliance with time reporting and other government contract requirements.
• Improve policies and procedures, implement internal controls.
• Track contract performance, revenue and deferred revenue by appropriate revenues streams.
• Ensure appropriate worker compensation.
• Assist in expending to new locations in the US and overseas.
• Assist with monthly and ad hoc financial reports, budgeting and other projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 5+ years of full GL accounting experience with AP, AR, bank reconciliations, payroll, month close, financial reporting.
• Solid knowledge of GAAP.
• Knowledge of government contract accounting and FAR regulations is a huge plus.
• SAAS revenue recognition experience is a plus.
• Experience working with international subsidiaries and remote employees overseas.
• Highly organized with attention to details and accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute against competing tasks and projects, deadline oriented.
• Proactive, resourceful and reliable.
• Customer service driven approach to the team.
• Extraordinary inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience in a high-tech start-up environment.
• Proficiency with MS Excel.
• Experience in QB Enterprise and NetSuite.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Apply by creating/using an account