Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
ARCHITECTURE & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: El Segundo, CA
• Currently looking for a talented Architecture & Development Manager focused on supporting all global web properties including website, microsites, international sites and company Blog.
• This position reports to the Director of Product Management and will be responsible for overseeing the development, technology integration, and architecture for all development projects.
• The Architecture & Development Manager will manage technology teams from evaluation through implementation.
• The Manager will be accountable for delivering projects on time in a fast-paced environment.
• In addition, he / she will align technology with business strategy and proactively drive technical direction throughout the organization.
• The ideal candidate follows technology trends, love to stay hands-on with the technology and will be able to drive results within budget, time and quality, while always keeping the customer in mind.
• Lead a strong team of web developers (front-end and back-end), technology vendors / agencies, and testers.
• Serve as a technical advisor and problem solver to product managers, merchandizers, digital marketing team, third party technology partners, and IT / ERP team.
• Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems.
• Directly supervise the development team and oversee offshore development / QA vendors; will work closely with the product management team, digital marketing team, and analytics team.
• Create proof-of-concept and prototypes to justify new technology recommendations and approaches.
• Coordinate activities with third party technology partners.
• Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend solutions partner to create architecture which meets short term and long term need of the organization.
• Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
• Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, and costs.
• Profile and investigate application performance issues, and coordinate optimization initiatives.
• Debug functional application issues to determine root cause.
• Set technical direction for development team, lead the release of core products, and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for development tools and software documentation.
• Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team’s expectations.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• 7+ years of B2C ecommerce software development with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Successfully partnering with system integrator on ecommerce platform migration / upgrade.
• Understand discipline of software development life cycle.
• Experience leading ecommerce platform integration with various internal/external systems / services.
• A strong appreciation for the importance of usability in web applications.
• Understand common search engine optimization (SEO) practice.
• Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise grade technologies and frameworks/libraries such as: SASS / SCSS / LESS and / or Coffee Script.
• Experience building major 3rd party system integrations (ERP’s, Payment Gateways, and 3PL).
• Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
• Strong familiarity with common design pattern used in web / enterprise applications.
• Strong familiarity with emerging cloud and web technologies. (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
• Strong familiarity with source code control systems (Subversion, GIT).
• Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast loading web experiences.
• Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
• Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD) practices with open source platform like Jenkins.
• Experience using open source automation testing frameworks / tools.
• Understanding of common web application security practice.
• Experience with Magento, Shopify, Big Commerce, Demandware and / or similar ecommerce platforms preferred.
• Experience managing offshore development teams a plus.
• Strong understanding of ecommerce platform architecture in AWS environment.
• Microservice architecture and practices.
• REST service development and methodologies.
• 2 plus years of experience using Node.js.
• Ability to enforce practices like test/behavior driven development, CI and test automation.
• Certification in software development processes such as Scrum Master or Agile Certification.
• Experience designing and implementing headless commerce and/or progressive web app utilizing RESTful APIs.
• Solid understanding of Docker based development environment.
• Solid understanding of business strategy.
• Great analytical and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Proactive, motivated and able to work with teams.
• Strong mentoring skills, ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels, challenging them and helping them grow.
• Take pride in being accountable, taking ownership.
• Excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and prioritizing tasks efficiently with minimal direction.
• Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale, utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
• Strong-communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Apply by creating/using an account