Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
LEAD HRIS SYSTEMS ANALYST - WORKDAY
Location: Irvine, CA
We are seeking a HRIS Principal Systems Analyst to provide advanced expertise in Workday for process analysis, design and problem-solving in a complex, multi-system environment with focus on end-to-end processes and impacts.
• The analyst will act as the liaison between business teams, application vendors and IS for system integrations, enhancements and issue fixes.
• Responsible for translating complex business needs to effective design recommendations, system / data analysis, instituting design in system, and leading or participating in testing and deployment activities.
• Conduct and present quantitative and qualitative analysis of cross-functional people and payroll data in collaboration with business teams.
• Contribute to system decision making, scoping and planning for HR system projects in support of the overall HR strategy.
• Lead small and medium system upgrades, feature release, interfaces and data conversion projects across functional areas of HR and provide direction for project team members.
• Serve as an advanced subject matter expert for one or more HRIS modules / functional areas and actively participate in design, planning, implementation and support of Workday.
• Guide HRIS team and provide hands-on tier 2 or 3 operational support for system or data issues, complex system/process questions, reporting and change requests as needed.
• Analyze, design and maintain all system configuration for supported HR systems (Workday) as prescribed by HRIS leader(s).
• Lead or provide guidance on reporting strategy to HRIS staff on complex reporting projects and systems.
• Analyze data structures and meet complex information needs through established reports or utilization of various tools and applications to develop new reports for HR and other business users.
• Work directly with HR communities, technical staff and project teams to identify, analyze, design, test and implement new systems or improvements to existing systems and associated procedures.
• Act as work-stream lead or systems lead in projects, feature releases and issue resolution, working with business users, IS, vendors and other support teams to define scope, prioritize, plan and implement.
• Identify and initiate improvement opportunities around system, process, data and user experience and recommend options to leaders with justification, impacts and data for the approach.
• Develop or actively contribute to Test Strategy around systems.
• Create, document and execute test plans and scripts to validate that system updates are accurate and the system functions as designed.
• Design and setup security structures across multiple modules, processes and functions in the HR systems and data repositories.
• Monitor and maintain security access for HR information systems and identify need for updating of policies.
• Administer, audit, and monitor HR systems transactions and reports to ensure data integrity, reconcile discrepancies and identify corrective actions needed to improve data quality.
• Lead design and implementations of interfaces from primary HR systems and coordinate all activities, including requirements gathering, data mapping, design specifications, test strategy and scheduling with IS and vendor teams.
• Provide direction to technical developers for data conversion, complex reports, interfaces, error handling and custom process builds.
• Monitor and research system integration issues around data, performance, scheduling and file transmissions. Coordinate and communicate resolution on issues with IS support teams, vendors and business teams.
• Provide 24 X 7 on-call support during afterhours for critical production or project issues and coordinate issue resolution and communication needs across functional and technical teams as needed by HRIS leadership.
• Provides reviews, assessments and recommendations for new tools and technologies used to generate reports or streamline processes.
• Assist in the development, update and adherence of HRIS policies, guidelines, templates and procedures.
• Participate regularly in professional activities to keep abreast of changes and new developments in Human Resources and HRIS and presents relevant materials to HRIS team.
• Provide guidance and mentor HRIS analysts in HRIS operations, processes, procedures and in research / analysis approach.
• Create and conduct training for business super users and trainers on HRIS applications, including features and procedures.
• Collaborate with business leads on training approach and development for end users and support teams.
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Human Resources, Computer Science, Business Mgmt. or related field.
• 8+ years’ in-depth system knowledge and demonstrated experience with process flow, configuration design and integrations in complex HR and / or payroll systems such as Workday.
• 8+ years’ demonstrated experience supporting and implementing complex HR and / or payroll systems (e.g. Lawson, Infor, Workday, Oracle, ADP, Kronos, Taleo, Success Factors).
• 8+ years’ experience in reporting tools and techniques for HR, payroll and related data for large, complex organizations from multiple systems and sources.
• Workday HCM/Security/Compensation/Other certifications preferred.
• Leadership abilities to include leading work streams, conducting meetings, presentations to HR users and leaders, training sessions preferred.
• Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication and documentation skills, including the presentation of complex subjects in a clear and precise manner preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of HR system capabilities in one or more modules, including cross functional data relationships, process flows, security protocols, testing and troubleshooting procedures preferred.
• Experience in Healthcare Industry preferred.
• Upon Hire or during employment – PHR, SPHR certification, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
• Upon Hire or during employment – Project Management (PMP, Six Sigma) preferred.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Apply by creating/using an account