Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SR. DATA ARCHITECT
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
• The Senior Data Architect will play a leadership role and will help lead a pool of members through the initial build and launch of a new customer data hub.
• Their primary responsibility is to develop and deploy data integration and configuration procedures between the division systems and the customer data hub repository.
• In addition, they work collectively with project teams to set and execute against project milestones, and manage quality, and engagement throughout the implementation lifecycle.
• The Data Architect is also expected to provide thought leadership around the technologies and approaches to enterprise data architecture, including master data management, data modeling, reference architecture, data strategy, innovation, and information sharing.
• Develop reference data architectures, including enterprise standards, principles, patterns, and vocabulary for all division data implementations.
• Develop recommendations for internal leadership around preferred data integration methodologies.
• Communicate clearly with internal business customers and senior leaders translating business requirements to technical specifications.
• Provide technical direction on the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data warehouse solutions; as well as identification and resolution of data quality issues.
• Ensure barriers to timely completion of data integration services projects are anticipated and overcome.
• Work effectively with internal and external project managers to ensure timely delivery of implementation.
• Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of technical IT partners and non-technical business partners.
• Confront problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years’ experience extracting data from a variety of platforms, performing data mapping, data transformation, and loading data to the target system.
• 5+ years’ experience in data warehousing.
• Fluency in SQL skills.
• Demonstrated experience serving as a project owner including managing communication progress to stake holders, risk identification and mitigation and facilitating problem solving.
• Proven ability to communicate ideas and obtain buy-in.
• Valid US driver’s license.
• Extensive expertise in MS SQL Server or MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical.
• Expertise in data modeling software.
• Experience with Data Governance concepts: Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, Reference Data Management, Data Quality, Data Dictionaries, and Lineage.
• Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions / attributes.
• Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and business colleagues and make complex ideas understood.
• Experience using with project management using agile methodologies.
• Experience in Operational Data Store and data integration processes/procedures.
• Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting Business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into ETL processes and data schema.
• At least 2 years of experience in “on premise to Cloud” migrations or IT transformations:
o Serverless Architecture.
o Integration Tools: AWS Glue, Lambda, AWS Pipeline.
o Experience with AWS RedShift modeling and performance tuning techniques.
o Experience with Athena.
o Experience in migrating On-Prem relational databases to AWS RDS platforms.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Probes various sources for answers, and leverages existing best practices when can.
• Will look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop when faced with obstacles.
• Enjoys working hard and is full of energy for things that are seen as challenging.
• Not fearful of acting without a fully detailed plan.
• Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum noise; is a team player and gains trust and support of peers.
• Encourages collaboration and can be candid with leadership and peers.
• Deals with ambiguity, can effectively cope and change, shifting gears comfortably and without upset when things are uncertain.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Apply by creating/using account