Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This project team develops and supports the framework functionality of the State's EDI Services & the Medicaid Web Portal application. Clemson University's Medicaid Information Technology Services (MITS) team develops and operates systems on behalf of the State's Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS). Clemson's MITS team will be responsible for the project management and oversight of this project.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, supporting and implementing the State's Member Management replacement project and any other projects assigned. This position will be a part of a Production Support group under the direction of Clemson's technical project manager for support & maintenance of all new technology development work.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Java 7+
3. Web Services (REST/JSON, SOAP, WSDL)
4. EDI Transaction Sets (270/271, 276/277, 837)
6. SQL and Stored Procedures and relational database design
7. Spring Security
9. Unix Environment/scripting
10. Familiar with GIT source control
11. Experience with automated testing frameworks such as JUnit, HTTPUnit, Selenium, etc.
12. Familiar with build tools such as Maven or Gradle
13. BPM Platforms (nice to have)
14. Familiar with Atlassian Software Suite (JIRA/Confluence)
The Software Engineer role has two major functions: design and development/implementation.
• WEB-BASED DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN: DESIGN, DEVELOP, AND IMPLEMENT ENTERPRISE LEVEL WEB-BASED SYSTEMS, ENTERPRISE DEFINED IN TERMS OF SYSTEM SCOPE AS WELL AS NUMBER OF USERS. PLAN FOR RESPONSIVE USER INTERFACES INCORPORATING MODERN WEB 2.0 TECHNOLOGIES (SUCH AS AJAX) AND MOBILITY NEEDS (SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS).
• SOFTWARE ENGINEERING: DESIGN AND DEVELOP JAVA APPLICATIONS INCORPORATING INDUSTRY-STANDARD FRAMEWORKS WHERE APPROPRIATE (SUCH AS SPRING). PLAN FOR HIGHLY AVAILABLE AND SCALABLE APPLICATIONS. INCORPORATE SERVICES INTO SYSTEM DESIGN WHERE APPROPRIATE.
• SOFTWARE PROJECT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT: EFFECTIVELY IMPLEMENT AND UTILIZE MODERN WEB-BASED SOFTWARE INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND BEST PRACTICES, USE OF INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS, STRONG EMPHASIS ON UNIT TESTING AND PARTICIPATION IN COMPLETE SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE FROM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN THROUGH TESTING AND DEPLOYMENT. ASSIST END-USER AND BUSINESS ANALYSTS IN TURNING BUSINESS NEEDS INTO INCREMENTAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS.
• COMMUNICATION: COMMUNICATE WITH A BROAD MIX OF STAKEHOLDERS INVOLVED IN THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM REPLACEMENT PROJECTS INCLUDING BUSINESS USERS, ANALYSTS, SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, DATABASE ARCHITECTS AND ADMINISTRATORS (DBAS), QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEERS (QA), SYSTEMS AND INFRASTRUCTURE STAFF, AND SUPPORT STAFF.
Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS (WRITTEN AND ORAL), ADAPTABILITY, FLEXIBILITY, SELF-MOTIVATION, PROBLEM SOLVING, ANALYTICAL THINKING, TIME MANAGEMENT, ABILITY TO WORK EFFECTIVELY IN A STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
• Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
• Medicaid operations experience.
Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or field. Master's degree preferred.
None required. Java J2ee Server and/or related J2EE certification preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account