Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Payments Technology – Sr Solutions Architect
Enterprise Payments organization is looking for an experienced Senior Solutions Architect who will help us architect, design and build a modern payments platform with large-scale transaction processing capability, leveraging micro-services and cloud architectures, and using dev-ops best-practices.
1. Overall architecture of the payments platform. Includes all aspects of architecture/design - logical, functional, data, deployment/infrastructure, and all quality/non-functional attributes like security, performance/scale etc. Requires partnerships with other architects, who may be specialists in one or more of these aspects.
2. Architecture roadmaps, models and diagrams – current-state views, future-state views on a roadmap.
3. Maintain alignment with enterprise architecture vision/strategy, corporate strategy, payments business strategy, and other key tenets laid out by senior management/leadership.
4. Maintain transparency and posterity on all architecture decisions w.r.t payments platform, via organized architecture meetings/forums – publish agenda, meetings notes, decision-log etc.
5. Determine architectural feasibility of epics/features/stories on our backlog - help the team groom & size them. Aid completion of technical design and delivery, as needed, ahead of and within development sprints.
6. Help us stay ahead of our competition – by staying up to date on technical/architecture trends in our space. Attend related technical and industry conferences.
7. Help us hire and retain technical and non-technical talent.
8. We are also aiming to transform our entire software development and release process to be less manual and discrete - ship working software incrementally, more frequently, aided by a continuous & automated code->build->test->deploy processes all the way up to highly controlled production environments. This person will partner with our dev-ops leads/engineers to architect and re-factor the platform & associated applications to achieve that vision.
Characteristics we are looking for in you:
Technology Generalist – broad/general familiarity with many different tech stacks, programming languages and frameworks, with significant depth in one or more.
Actual experience writing code as a Developer in a modern technology stack – preferably recent experience, and preferably in Java.
Great Communicator – clear/crisp communication; someone who can bridge/straddle technical and non-technical, and influence leaders at all levels in business and technology organization - using slide decks, or code/proof-of-concepts/demos, and everything in between.
o Someone with conviction, who is not afraid to debate ideas backed by facts/industry-research etc, but also knows when to seek leadership help to build alignment top-down.
o Experience leading technical negotiations between technical and business teams, as well as among peer architects.
Up to date on Agile, DevOps and Cloud – knowledge of its benefits and actual experience implementing it, or driving it as a change-agent/change-champion.
Friendly and positive. Enjoy working in a team, with experience leading working sessions and providing support/guidance to team members. Capable of influencing others, and disagreeing with ideas, without disrespecting or disliking people.
Apply by creating/using an account