Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The selected candidate will serve as a senior mobile application iOS developer for the PennDOT' s Mobile Computing team.
***This requisition should feature an initial Skype screen with the manager and if that goes well, then an onsite in-person interview will follow.***
***The Hiring Manager requires an in-person interview and eventual relocation to Harrisburg. The candidate can be elsewhere during the application.***
This is a brand new req.
Do not re-submit candidates from #s 500799, 502772, 505899, 507820, 513362, and 515471.
The selected candidate will serve as a programmer/developer for iOS Mobile Computing solutions for PennDOT. The candidate will serve as a software developer for the mobile projects to develop and deploy comprehensive custom software solutions for the iOS-based mobile devices to be utilized by PennDOT while assisting with mentoring PennDOT staff assigned to the projects. The projects will involve working with the iOS mobile development tools, relational databases, and web service-oriented client/server architecture. The selected candidate is expected to understand the business and technical requirements, implement the solutions based on those requirements, and respond quickly to the changes made to these requirements as part of the Agile process. The selected candidate should be quick at learning newer versions of the SDKs, as they are made available by Apple.
1) Serve as a developer of n-tier applications using iOS SDKs and mobile development tools.
2) Develop, test, and deploy user interface, service tier and data tier components for complex applications, including server-based web applications and mobile applications in a timely manner.
3) Participate in the full SDLC process of iOS application solutions, including Objective C, Swift, HTML5, JSON, XML and web services.
4) Participate in design and coding of database objects in relational databases such as IBM DB2, including queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
5) Participate in design and coding of application-embedded, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
6) Comprehensive understanding and experience of designing, developing and testing for the Apple iOS platform is mandatory.
7) Expert level knowledge is required of using iOS frameworks related to UI, Core Data, storyboards, web services, security/keychain, camera integration, asynchronous/background processing, multitasking, etc.
8) Expert knowledge of common design patterns (like MVC, delegation, target-action) and Cocoa layers related to Touch, Media, OS and Services, Objective-C, Swift, and iOS principles of memory management, notifications, blocks, categories, etc.
9) Meet with end users and technical staff of all types to gather business and system requirements.
10) Provide technical assistance and assist with mentoring of PennDOT staff assigned to the project.
11) All projects follow the Agile sprint methodology, and the selected candidate should be comfortable with daily standups, sprint grooming and planning activities, integration testing, and UAT.
12) Work independently and as a part of a team.
Full iOS SDLC experience as an application developer-Required 5 Years.
Experience with Object Oriented development-Required 5 Years.
Experience with iOS SDK and Objective-C-Required-5 Years.
Experience with Swift and latest iOS APIs and frameworks-Required 2 Years.
Experience with Core Data framework-Required 3 Years.
Experience with iOS Auto Layout and UX refinement-Required 2 Years.
Experience with blocks and notifications-Required-3 Years.
Experience with relational database development-Required 3 Years.
Experience w/ consuming & utilizing RESTful JSON web services & synchronization of data captured on a mobile device w/ enterprise backend apps/DB-Required 2 Years.
Experience in architecting & developing mobile web applications in enterprise setting-Highly desired.
Experience in continuous integration/continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins-Highly desired.
Experience developing hybrid applications and applications on multiple mobile computing platforms-Desired.
Strong oral/written communication skills-Required.
Full iOS SDLC experience as an application developer. Required 5 Years
Experience with Object Oriented development. Required 5 Years
Experience with iOS SDK and Objective-C. Required 5 Years
Experience with Swift and latest iOS APIs and frameworks. Required 2 Years
Experience with Core Data framework. Required 3 Years
Experience with iOS Auto Layout and UX refinement. Required 2 Years
Experience with blocks and notifications. Required 3 Years
Experience with relational database development. Required 3 Years
Experience w/ consuming & utilizing RESTful JSON web services & synchronization of data captured on a mobile device w/ enterprise backend apps/DB. Required 2 Years
Experience in architecting & developing mobile web applications in enterprise settings. Highly desired
Experience in continuous integration/continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins. Highly desired
Experience developing hybrid applications and applications on multiple mobile computing platforms. Desired
Strong oral/written communication skills. Required
Apply by creating/using an account