Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
2 Specs here, 1 is new the other is the older spec.....
The Desktop Support Manager is responsible for management of a team of eight Technology Support Analysts whose primary function is to help the Einstein community resolve issues with their desktop computers, printers, mobile devices, etc. Supervises, develops and guides the Technology Support Analysts; ensures effective and efficient level of Information Technology Support is provided to clients; serves as the person accountable for providing technical support; measures, tracks and reports metrics to improve efficiencies and improve client satisfaction.
Below is the spec we had previously been given and were using.....
The Desktop Support Manager is a member of the IT management team and is a technical expert who is responsible for leading the efficient delivery of IT support to the approximately 3,000 members of the client's community. The Desktop Support Manager is responsible for a team of ten IT Support Specialists whose primary function is to resolve issues with using hardware and software, which includes desktop computers, printers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, audio-visual equipment, and scientific research instrumentation and devices.
• Act as a primary point of contact for escalation from a desktop support level in times of major system outages, supplier issues and conflict resolution with customers.
• Ensure that all requests from the community for assistance are handled promptly and effectively, and if necessary escalated to the appropriate level.
• Be available at all times to lead response to crisis events.
• Manage and perform supervisory duties on a daily basis for the IT Support Team and ensure compliance with established procedures and processes.
• Assign and coach support specialists through new and routine tasks.
• Ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained within the support team at all times.
• Ensure jobs assigned to the IT Support group are managed and completed within established targets.
• Manage and be responsible for the personal and technical development of the team, including appraisals and training plans.
• Quality checking and auditing of work carried out by the support team.
• Monitor and maintain desktop services throughout the organization, assigning resources to ensure operations.
• Track data and write reports on team objectives and metrics.
• Set procedures and processes in line with standards within the IT desktop environment.
• Propose, document and implement changes to policies or procedures in line with technological advancements.
• Monitor and identify any trends or irregular activities on jobs logged with the support group that could relate to potential IT issues and escalate to senior IT management
• Test and update existing and new software and hardware to ensure compatibility and utility.
• Assist community in choice of appropriate hardware and software – desktops, laptops, smartphones, printers, etc.
• Carry out any other duties and tasks that may be required of the post in order for the support team to function effectively.
• When required may be called upon to assist with other duties commensurate with the overall objectives of delivery of service
• Produce written reports, emails, and documentation of processes and procedures when required by either management or for service requirement.
• Help formulate communication to the community to announce new services or to notify people of planned or unplanned service outages.
• Help maintain a support portal and other paths of communication between the community and the support team.
• As appropriate, initiate support incidents, requests, and escalations with managed service providers.
• Experience with supervising and managing staff in an IT support environment.
• Experience with managing a support queue.
• Experience of working in a customer focused IT support environment which has included technical problem resolution
• Experience of developing relationships with external agencies and organizations
• Experience of working within a team environment
• Experience of diagnosing and resolving IT related faults/issues
• Knowledge of Service Desk and Desktop services and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
• Excellent customer service skills and dedication to meeting the needs of the community.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to manage meetings, lead teams, and communicate effectively with senior management.
• 5+ years setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware, software, and network configurations.
• 5+ years of experience managing or leading technical teams. An understanding of team dynamics, including what factors make a team work well and what can go wrong.
• 4+ years of work experience in a business applications support role with extensive knowledge of using and supporting MS Windows Operating Systems and Office products (Windows XP – Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2003 – 2016)
• Windows desktops and laptops, Android, Mac, and iOS devices, in a networked environment.
• Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
• Some knowledge of Active Directory concepts.
• Some experience with support audio-visual equipment in conference rooms and auditoriums.
Apply by creating/using account