Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Platform Team Quality Manager
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 1 year
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Program management of testing efforts to ensure quality on your product
- every version and feature you work on is released to millions of users
- You will be testing new features, directing vendor teams that do manual testing, conceiving testing Automation projects and building test plans alongside the developers.
- You will also be acting as a Release Engineer, coordinating different teams and stakeholders to escort a release all the way to Production.
- Manage dependencies between your team and other teams.
- Track and prioritize all feature/surface/system development work from concept to launch.
- Drive and lead engineering teams to identify, prioritize and track tasks needed to complete project objectives.
- Identify risks and propose mitigations plans.
- Identify process gaps and quickly set-up / bootstrap lightweight processes to fill gaps.
- Partner closely with PM and Eng leads to understand product direction and make sure execution matches.
- Serve as a Tier-3 support for our integration partners (communication with external parties).
Significant testing experience as part of a software QA team.
Experience managing testing teams would be highly advantageous.
Experience in planning and executing detailed Test Plans, coordinating Test Run execution across several team members, and a handle on quality bug reporting and documentation.
Experience in software QA methodologies and practices with an emphasis on the Mobile / Web world.
Proficiency in Query Languages such as SQL and experience in execution of scripts and tools for various testing frameworks.
Experience in operating test tools and conducting analysis of test data to identify potential anomalies and breaking points in the product.
Familiarity with bug tracking systems and test management tools.
Experience utilizing log files to debug and analyze issues.
Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision-making Task oriented - able to deliver quickly on tight schedules and deadlines, and must be able to adapt to frequent changes in requirements.
Ability to independently troubleshoot issues and errors to resolution, possess strong self-motivation and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
Strong leadership and technical project management experience in roles revolving around managing and directing operations of testing and release engineering.
We're looking for someone who is:
Extremely proactive and willing to get their hands dirty.
Able to keep up with technical discussions.
Comfortable/thrives with a certain amount of chaos / ambiguity.
Has strong written & verbal communication skills - you are the voice of your team. Wants to grow, take on more responsibility over time.
Focused on getting things done while having fun! Has technical experience working on Web, Mobile and with Mobile projects
Apply by creating/using an account