Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The PeopleSoft Technical Specialist provides technical and procedural support and solutions among selected business areas supporting several applications. The incumbent will act as the main subject matter expert in acquired application, as well as the primary contact for those systems. He/she will leads projects that are technical in nature and assist management in the decisions that will provide the best and most cost effective solutions that meet corporate goals and objectives. The position will primarily work with ITSPS/Pension Team.
Pension Administration Division (PENAD), under Treasury at the World Bank is responsible for the management and maintenance of the Staff Retirement Plan of the World Bank Group. To assist the staff of PENAD in carrying out their fiduciary responsibilities; a number of IT systems have been engaged. Primary business functions are carried out in PeopleSoft, and Documentum is the document management system. A team from ITSPS is responsible for the maintenance and functioning of the IT systems.
While Treasury provides the workstations and network support, the major software systems used by PENAD, namely PeopleSoft and Documentum are owned and maintained by ITS (Information and Technology Solutions of the World Bank). ITS provides all design, development, DBA, code migration to production support. All systems activities are governed by the overall ITS regulations and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
• Find the appropriate tools to implement the project
• Take technical specs and produce completed and well tested programs which meet user satisfaction and acceptance, and precisely reflect the requirements
• Take functional specs and come up with high quality technical specs
• Use collaborative skills to work with project managers, task force members, database administrators, system administrators, users, and other staff
• Enable workflow in certain areas of the system
• Adhere to project schedules and report progress regularly
• Advanced knowledge of design best practices. Prepare technical documents like technical specs, flow diagrams, ER diagrams, user manuals, etc.
• Prepare CMM required documentation for project, when applicable (Impact Analysis and Design, Test Cases, SMR)
• Ensure that Bank policies, procedures, and standards are factored into project design and development
• Conduct Peer Review on Code and Test Cases, prepared by other team members, to assess quality and compliance with coding standards
• Prepare weekly status reports and participate in status meetings and highlight issues and constraints that would impact timely delivery of work program items
• Communicate proactively with other team members and team lead
• Participate in the estimation of work plans, test plans, and implementation plans
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Role Specific Experience: 7+ years of relevant experience in building Peoplesoft systems using Peoplesoft and Database technologies, preferably in Peoplesoft Pension Module
• Extensive experience in full system development life cycle – Analysis, Design, Programming, Testing, Implementation, and Maintenance
• Extensive experience with rule based systems
Certification Requirements: None specified
• Advanced knowledge of PeopleTools 8.56, Peoplesoft Application Designer, Peoplecode, SQR, and overall excellent technical skills on the Peoplesoft HCM 9.2 Development platform
• Advanced understanding of Pension business and Pension related terms in general
• Ability to understand the functioning of the PENAD software applications and the PENAD applications scope for the Net Plan Interim Solution Project
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle platform
• Excellent ability to write complex and optimally tuned SQL queries, producing adhoc reports, load data into the database, and write Oracle Stored Procedures – Procedures, Functions, Packages, and Triggers
• Advanced knowledge of Object based Peoplecode, Application Engine and Application Packages
• Advanced knowledge of SQR programming for producing complex reports and batch processes
• Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft HR/Payroll table infrastructure and Peoplesoft Workflow
• Advanced knowledge of Peoplesoft Global Payroll module and the GP table structures, GP rules, GP Processes - Identify, Calc, Finalize, Retroactivity, Proration, Banking Process, Payment Process
• Proven conceptual, analytical and judgmental skills
• Ability to pick up new business processes and technologies quickly
• Advanced understanding of and implementation experience with issue tacking, and source code repository.
• Advanced understanding of CMM concepts and methodology
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team environment to support other technical staff, as needed
• Ability to work in high pressure situations and tight schedules, while quickly producing excellent solutions to problems and production issues
• Ability to work independently and deliver timely results (be a self-starter)
• Excellent technical writing skills
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
Integration Broker, Fluid Pages/Fluid UI
Experience Matrix for Level III - 7+ years of experience
Apply by creating/using an account