Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Title: Procurement/Category Manager
Location: South Portland, ME
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
Restrictions: Local, W2 Applicants Preferred
Our client is rebuilding and globalizing its Sourcing, Vendor Management, and Procurement functions. IT background is preferable. We desire candidates with a proven track record to help us build a global and impactful organization. Candidate is expected to perform the dual role of vendor management and procurement for HR, Sales, and Marketing and also assisting the team in enhancing the tools, systems and processes of the group. We expect this candidate to integrate quickly with functional leaders and strategic sourcing counterparts to enable our client to grow rapidly and increase profitability. In order to succeed this candidate will need to be able to develop long-standing internal business partnerships in a fast-paced cross-functional environment. A combination of project management experience, critical thinking, an ability to communicate effectively, and strong negotiation skills will be required. Candidate is also expected to participate in M&A integration efforts to maximize efficiency and savings.
Responsibilities for Category Manager:
Integrate with Key Stakeholders and their teams to determine the opportunities to be gained with a global sourcing and category management strategy.
During the first 30-90 Days:
- Build relationships and align with Key Stakeholders on current and future strategic initiatives that will require procurements support. Develop a regular meeting cadence as needed to support.
- Align with support resources to gain understanding of contract review process, budget and collaborative responsibilities.
- Provide a consistent and positive message around the rapid changes occurring throughout the organization while communicating the value add of procurement as a major support function
Align with department objectives through, maximizing global spend under management, driving cost savings and vendor consolidation
During the first 30-90 days:
- Become knowledgeable on PO terms to limit the unnecessary exercising of resources when formal contracts are not required.
- Leverage professional experience, benchmark data and stakeholder knowledge base to negotiate competitive contract pricing and favorable terms
- Identify opportunities to consolidate vendors and products while driving synergies across entities (domestically and internationally).
- Determine all key vendors driving majority of spend within these respective categories and gain better understanding of important contract attributes.
- Quantify the global vendor spend for the respective categories and develop a roadmap to improve spend under management.
During the first 3-9 months:
- Begin supporting new contracts, projects, Stakeholder initiatives, and contract renewal efforts to help department meet goals of increasing spend under management and driving cost savings.
- Identify at least one area of opportunity and develop a strategic category management plan that will help stakeholders maximize value and reduce risk, while also aligning to their business objectives.
- Begin to populate department contract pipeline with savings and vendor/product consolidation opportunities.
Improve Process Automation and assist with Procurement System enhancements:
During the first 30-60 Days
- Support any system implementations and enhancement activities and drive user adoption and training
- Complete training and become knowledgeable on current procurement systems and policies.
During the first 3-6 Months
- Become a power user that can train stakeholders on how to properly utilize these new tools to improve efficiency and contract visibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Minimum 5 years' Procurement experience in either a Category Management and/or Strategic Sourcing role
- IT Sourcing background preferred
- IT Sourcing
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CPSM, APICS)
- Training or experience with LEAN, PMP, and/or Six Sigma practices
- Experience working in the Financial Technology Sector
- Experience supporting Indirect Procurement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account