Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Business Analyst uses business and technology knowledge to serve as a liaison between business initiatives and IT in order to determine the correct course of action to achieve desired results. This person collaborates with business and technical resources to determine business information and application needs and assists clients in the analysis of a proposed idea and performs the review, determines the systems potential, conducts documentation, testing (as needed) and follow through.
Analysis and Solution Definition
* Documents client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
* Liaison between the business and development teams throughout the project.
* Analyzes business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how the application can best function to fulfill those needs.
* Provides input to buy vs. build decision based on input received from the business and other functions within Technology.
* Identifies cross impact to other systems.
* Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
* Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
* Adheres to and facilitates project standards.
* Creates, consolidates and presents documents relating to use cases, functional requirements, data mapping, privilege provisioning and authorization models, maintaining them throughout the project, including traceability back to requirements.
* Ensures with the quality management team that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and that testing plans have been completed.
* May execute test plans or follow-on testing.
* Assembles and documents all test results.
* Provides a business or process perspective during design reviews.
* Accurately employs methodology and documentation tools.
* Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
* Participates in change control process throughout the project.
* Contributes to continuous improvement and proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across Technology.
* Proactively carries out project support /administrative functions.
Communication & Teamwork
* Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
* Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts verbally.
* Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
* Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
* Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members; appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
* Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
* Establishes effective working relationship with clients; uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field
* 3-5 years of experience as business analyst
* Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures
* Possesses basic knowledge of HTML
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
* Experience in systems implementation, business analysis, and/or project management
* Advanced communication and time management skills
* Experience in working with development teams preferred
* Knowledge of data structures, databases or query tools preferred
* Rapidly adapts and responds to changes in environment and priorities
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account