Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
DevOps Engineer- Perm Direct Hire or long term contract - client is flexible
Location: Portland Maine
As a DevOps Engineer within our client's IT group, you will collaborate within an agile environment with top-notch developer and operations teams to build cloud infrastructure running their business systems.
You will work with creative individuals responsible for delivering best-of-breed web and mobile products to our customers.
Your role will be critical in building, extending, maintaining, and observing our infrastructure and platform, relentlessly striving to improve team velocity, reliability, and scalability.
● Build effective, stable and reliable infrastructure, tools, and services.
● Manage, maintain, and monitor Linux-based systems for our highly-available, public-facing applications and internal services.
● Support and monitor Windows-based database systems.
● Evaluate hardware and software, run benchmarks, and perform capacity planning, for existing and future deployments.
● Schedule and track maintenance, patching and upgrades to hardware and software.
● Create and continuously improve our CI/CD pipelines
● Monitor applications and ensure that required Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
● Ensure cross-team collaboration by participating in daily team stand ups as well as facilitate incident resolution and proactive strengthening of site reliability.
● Contribute documentation and operational support for disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
● Participate in an on-call rotation ensuring 24/7 support for cloud production systems and networks.
● Be smart, learn quickly, fail fast
● Exposure to some scripting
● Familiarity with cloud automation tooling like Packer/Terraform
● Flexible hours, occasional on-call rotation
● Strong communication skills in both written and oral form
● Strong time management skills and detail-oriented work ethic
● Strong values of ownership, personal development, and transparency.
● Ability to thrive in a team environment and effectively work with diverse groups of coworkers.
● Experience automating and orchestrating distributed systems
● Can troubleshoot and contribute to improving efficiency within the application and database environments.
● A firm grasp of basic networking concepts including routing, subnets and firewalls
● Strong understanding of Internet technologies, including DNS, VPN, SSH/SSL, load balancing and security.
● Knowledge of and experience supporting disaster recovery and contingency planning to help minimize business-impacting risks
● Experience in virtualization platforms and underlying storage systems
● Experience in containerization and container orchestration
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account