Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer needed for the functional and automation testing of a large Agile development project.qa
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer needed for the functional and automation testing of a large Agile development project.
As member of a Scrum/Agile team the Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, developing test cases, automated test scripts, reviewing user stories performing system integration and user acceptance testing and documenting deficiencies. The ideal candidate will work closely with Development, Product and Program Management, to develop, maintain, and execute test scripts and test strategies, accounting for extensive system and integration testing, resulting in no critical production issues. The successful candidate will have ongoing responsibility and accountability for the quality of both primary product/feature areas as well as the overall quality of a release. This candidate must possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, creativity and ability to perform in a fast paced environment with aggressive timelines.
• Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills – ability to understand complex situations, develop and implement a logical approach to a problem solution.
• Attention to Detail – ability to ensure the work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
• Communication –ability to understand requirements documentation, functional specifications, high level design documentation and system documentation. Able to solidly incorporate this information, along with project business objectives, into appropriate QA test strategies and plans.
• Diagnostic Information Gathering – ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision making, and problem solving.
• Flexibility - able to change priorities quickly, and have a capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Fostering Teamwork – ability to get groups to work together co-operatively; by enlisting active involvement, creating a climate for respect and openness, and applying effective techniques for group facilitation.
• Impact Awareness – ability to anticipate the likely effect of actions and events on others and to tailor one's own behavior to achieve a desired effect on others.
• Influential Skill – ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions, through logical argument, appeal to others' interests, and a variety of other indirect strategies.
• Interpersonal Awareness - ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others' concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
• Productivity - motivated self-starter and quick learner. Ability to work under deadlines with heavy workloads as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
• Results Oriented – ability to keep the desired end result of one's own or one's unit's work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them tenaciously until they are achieved.
• Technical Acumen - strong understanding of software QA concepts, procedures, and technologies utilizing Agile Scrum/Kanban Methodology
• Reviews User Stories to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
• Participates in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Collaborates on epic and story breakdowns, task definition and estimation.
• Creates and maintains comprehensive test plans to capture test strategy, approach, test cases and test scripts. mapping to User Story requirements.
• Works effectively and efficiently with technical staff in resolving identified defects.
• Provide improvement recommendations on system or application performance.
• Ensure that technical documentation and applications are in agreement.
• Communicate with technical and business teams on testing progress.
• Works closely with other QA Engineers and Developers to complete manual and automated tests (e.g. functional, usability, regression, integration, end-to-end, performance) and identify, communicate, and document discrepancies encountered during the testing process in detail in Rally/ALM.
• Maintains overall scheduling of testing activity.
• Designs, monitors, and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status.
• Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with the product development team in order to prevent, report, and resolve.
• Communicates test status to Management to promote effective critical path decisions for the release.
• Works with the product development teams to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing.
• As a member of a Scrum team participate in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, product demos and sprint retrospective meetings.
• Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to others on testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes utilizing Agile Scrum Methodology.
• Consistently works in an agile manner and support a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
Apply by creating/using an account