Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has a Network Systems Engineer position in Dallas, TX.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below or send your resume directly to Kim.Ladka@nttdata.com. For more information please call Kim Ladka at 732-362-2602.
The Network Systems Engineer provides engineering support and consultation for the design, development, and implementation of technical solutions as well as operational support within the company's network and telecommunications ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment, be able to support a highly available, production data center hosting web-enabled applications across multiple data centers, and manage routers, switches, load balancers and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. The Network Systems Engineer also participates in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This role requires the ability to demonstrate breadth of knowledge across multiple areas of information technology and as such, will be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues. Cisco experience is required. An understanding of SD-WAN concepts is preferred.
This position is responsible for daily operational support, project support, system enhancements, and all related services including incident and change management, for multiple technology platforms and systems providing the organization with network services and continued communications with each other, our customers, and affiliates. Operational responsibilities include performing MACDs, troubleshooting and repair, managing vendor performance, maintaining high levels of system and user documentation, adherence to operational processes and policies, solution reliability, system security, compliance, and proactive monitoring through automated tools and daily testing. Advanced knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies and VoIP/SIP call routing technologies and protocols, including working knowledge of TCP/IP routers, servers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, DNS, DHCP and subnetting are required to properly support the environment. Advanced understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP are also required.
Additionally, the Network Systems Engineer provides infrastructure support and testing for system patching, hardening, and hardware/software upgrades, system updates, and break/fix activities on all internally managed network equipment and systems.
This position must maintain expert level understanding and knowledge of the company's applications, networks, and data system integration and must be able to understand changes needed within the environment in order to anticipate business, customer, cross-system, cross-process, and cross-project impacts. Role may include other tasks as required to support the overall IT Technology service catalog and organizational goals.
The position will be required to carry a company issued smart phone in order to provide on-call support as required.
• Responsible for daily operational support, project support, system enhancements, and all related services including incident and change management, for multiple technology platforms and systems providing the organization with network services and continued communications with each other, our customers, and affiliates. Operational responsibilities include performing MACDs, troubleshooting and
repair, managing vendor performance, maintaining high levels of system and user documentation, adherence to operational processes and policies, solution reliability, system security, compliance, and proactive monitoring through automated tools and daily testing.
• Design, develop, document and implement solutions and projects on time and within budget. Work closely with vendors, outside expert resources, internal technical and business resources, to evaluate and propose innovative new technologies, methodologies, processes and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of the organization. Ensure interoperability between the proposed solutions and other service providers (such as Cisco, AT&T, etc.), desktop, data networks, firewalls, compliance, data applications, etc. Assist in gathering and documenting business requirements.
• Act as Tier II support covering Network Operations during priority incidents and assist in the determination and documentation of root cause.
• Provide application and infrastructure support and testing for system patching, hardening, and hardware/software upgrades, system updates, and break/fix remediation on network equipment.
• Maintain expert level understanding and knowledge of the company's applications, networks, and data system integration and understand changes needed within the environment in order to anticipate business, customer, cross-system, cross-process, and cross-project impacts.
• Promote and provide customer satisfaction and quality customer service for all customers, internal and external.
• Be accessible 24x7 to support the network engineering team to minimize the impacts of incidents, changes, upgrades, and installs on the function of the business. Perform On Call duties as assigned.
• Provide knowledge transfer to network team, other IT teams, business leadership, and end users.
• Writing, submitting and tracking vendor orders.
• Infrequent Travel.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar field and/or equivalent related work experience of at least 7+ years in the administration and operation of enterprise wide area and campus networks. 3+ years in a data center environment is a plus.
o Cisco Certifications preferred.
o F5 Certifications a plus.
o Knowledge of SDN and NFV technologies a plus.
o Familiarity with ITIL processes are a plus.
• Knowledge and skills:
o Good oral and written communication skills.
o Ability to work long hours under pressure during system outages and implementations.
o Task Oriented individual with willingness to tackle issues.
o Team Player.
o Takes ownership of projects and completes them on time.
o Ability to handle multi-tasking and frequently changing priorities.
• Technical Skills:
o Extensive experience with Data Center, LAN, WAN, Network Security, VoIP application (H.323/SIP) solutions and architectures.
o Senior level experience optimizing site performance with strong knowledge in Networks, Browsers, Content Delivery, etc.
o Senior level experience configuring routing protocols and other network technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, SSL VPN, IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3, NAT/PAT, PPP, MPLS, QoS, STP, HSRP, VTP, VPC, VDC, OTV, Ether channel, WAN Acceleration, IPv4, IPv6.
o Senior level experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center technology.
o Senior level experience with WAN deployments including: EIGRP/BGP route redistribution over MPLS networks, route maps and filtering, traffic prioritization and QOS policies.
o Experience in using various monitoring tools like network simulators, load generators, profilers, monitors, analysis and reporting.
o Knowledge of Public DNS.
o Working knowledge of F5 LTM and GTM technologies.
o Experience with Solarwinds and LiveAction a plus.
o Experience with AWS Services a plus.
o Knowledge of Wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n, WPA2, WLC, WAP.
o Advanced knowledge of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems.
o Demonstrated ability to perform coordination and problem isolation with Telcos.
o Experience with installation and support of international locations a plus.
• Job experience: At least 7 years or more experience as a Network Engineer with a strong Cisco and related network systems technologies background. This position will require technical leadership, incident management, design, and solution deployment experience.
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Employee Assistance Program
*benefits are available only to W2 contractors
How to apply:
Is this you? If so, please apply today! Do you know someone who is the right fit? Please contact us to learn more about our referral program!
Advisory Services, Application Services, Enterprise Application Services, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, Business Process Outsourcing, BI, Analytics & Performance Management, Strategic Staffing
Apply by creating/using an account