Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our Client is looking for a Senior Developer to lead an effort to bring one of our flagship applications to the cloud. This is an exciting and high-profile project that will involve challenging problem solving and architecting a solution from the ground up.
Sr. Application Developer Builds computer applications to meet business informational needs and requirements. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Supports and troubleshoots existing applications. Evaluates and analyzes business requirements for new systems and system changes.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are a fast-paced development team and we are operating under a high level of disciplined Software Development Life Cycle. The candidate should appreciate what it means to be professional engineer, meaning that you ensure to deliver quality and care to maintain & document integration specifications and testing plans, at all phases.
Coming in as an experienced Java Application Developer, we need you to have these technical assets under your belt: seasoned programming skills in Java, familiar with Continuous Integration using Github, Maven, Jenkins and database management systems, preferably Oracle. You should be familiar with object-orientated analysis and design, as well as application-driven testing approach and handling of XML technologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
· Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
· Monitors system performance, identifying problems and implementing solutions; tunes and ensures systems are running at optimum speed and efficiency. Ensures systems are kept maintained and current; develops and maintains scripts to automate system components; configures and installs software, maintenance packages, supporting products and other features.
· Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
· Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
· Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
· Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
· Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of developing webservices using SOAP, REST, XML and JSON
· Familiarity with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Familiarity with build tools like Github, Maven and Jenkins
· Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by associated development team.
· Excellent problem-solving skills required.
· Project management skills required.
· Ability to work independently and in teams.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener).
GOOD TO HAVE:
· Familiarity with cloud technologies like Google Cloud Platform and AWS
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account