Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Data Engineer with BI/DW
Location: Portland, ME
Full time Permanent Position
Seeking candidates for a Data Engineer position to support various
Data initiatives for our clients, particularly in the Data Warehousing and BI world. We
are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about data and excited to work on new
and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who understands and has
implemented full end-to-end Data Warehousing solutions including data architecture,
data provisioning, data integration, data publishing, and can execute effectively as part
of a team. Must have hands-on experience working on BI and Data warehousing
Projects. Should be able to work effectively with the Business and Technology teams
while collaborating with Project/Program Managers.
- Source-to-target mapping including detailed business and transformation rules
- Data modeling, data profiling, data quality analysis/remediation, database table, index,
and view creation
- Designing, developing, testing and review of code [ELT or ETL, views, stored procs,
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Requirements elicitation
- Estimation and working with Project manager on task allocation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar individual contributor role
- 2 to 4+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Implemented several Data Management projects for Data Lakes/Data Warehousing
- Hands on experience using ETL tools like Talend, Alteryx, Alooma, Matilion,
Informatica, Datastage, etc
- Experience working on any one Database such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle,
Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of Database Models and tuning
- Experience working with APIs, specifically REST APIs, SDKs and CLI tools as part of
- Experience working with multi-format files likes JSON, XML, CSV, Flat, etc.
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP (Certified Practitioner at
any level is a nice to have)
- Strong understanding of Microservices architecture
- A strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle and methodology
using toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB (nice to have)
-This position is based out of our Portland, ME office (this is not a telecommuting or
hardware IT position).
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account