Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Interaction Designer
Location: Mountainview, CA
Duration: 1 year contract + possibility of extension
**Please provide link to portfolio**
XXXX is a fast-paced, project-focused innovation group. Projects are developed and executed at the intersection of ambitious science and an urgent user need or application. XXXX sensing technology is comprised of a highly-integrated and miniature radar chip coupled with state-of-the-art signal processing and machine learning. With XXXX, our goal is to create a new interaction method, based on the natural understanding that people have of spatial relations, body language and gesticulation.
As an Interaction Designer for Project XXXX, you will help create new interaction models and products based on the new sensing technology we are developing. On the technology side, you will work closely with engineers, and proactively learn about and explore the unique qualities of XXXX hardware and software. You will work with other designers and researcher to establish a new interaction and visual language, outside the familiar patterns of app and web design. You will collaborate with product managers to explore product opportunities, set priorities and bring XXXX to market in different products and platforms. You have a strong design foundation that lets you move comfortably between interaction, visual and product design, and between different interaction methods, such as touch, voice, gesture, and physical control.
- Create visual designs and motion graphics for internal explorations or product prototypes; provide UX specifications and assets to our engineering team.
- Collaborate with our User Research team to iteratively evaluate product concepts and interaction patterns.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Generate product concepts and use cases that leverage the unique qualities of XXXX sensing technology; create storyboards and scenarios to document the work.
- Communicate interaction design considerations to different audiences, including engineers, management and potential customers.
- Create and document interactions model enabled by XXXX, using a variety of techniques, including animations and videos.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of professional experience in interaction design.
- A portfolio that proves excellent interaction and visual design skills, across a variety of platforms and domains.
- Ability to illustrate concepts using a variety of techniques and formats: interactive prototypes, storyboards, videos, animations, photography.
- Solid understanding of input devices and input/function mapping: state machines, events, continuous vs discrete input, etc.
Nice to have skills/Not Required:
- Professional experience in interaction design for projects other than apps and websites (e.g. consumer electronics, automotive etc.)
- Experience in working in R&D environment, in close collaboration with scientists and engineers.
- Experience in designing for gesture and proximity interaction.
- Experience in planning and running user studies.
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account