Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: UNIX Administrator
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6 months + possible extensions/right to hire
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
In this role you will be expected to drive operational stability, risk management, business as usual support and platform management on behalf of a global team. Within our environment you will be supporting around 2500 UNIX Servers, within a complex technical environment, predominantly Red Hat Linux environment and Sun Solaris.
You will be responsible for:
· UNIX/Linux System Management
· Day to day operations
· Resolution and management of escalated issues
· Pre-emptive maintenance work
· UNIX to Application Support Liaison
· Problem management
· Change management and overview (ITIL)
· Mentoring and developing the level 1 and level 2 team
· Writing and reviewing detailed technical documentation
· DR Planning and Testing
· Risk management and mitigation
· Process Improvement
We're looking for EXPERT level UNIX Systems Administrators; you'll harness your subject matter expertise to deliver outstanding service within a demanding 24 x 7 global organization. This role is ideal for self-starters who thrive off autonomy and are adept at seizing opportunities and driving those through to delivery. Applicants must be customer-focused and have excellent communication skills. You will have worked with remote teams and have experience communicating, mentoring and developing staff from other countries. You will be required to provide the highest level of technical support to analyze, diagnose and resolve escalated problems.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Strong Solaris UNIX skills
· Strong Red Hat Linux skills
· O/S upgrades, with knowledge of YUM, live upgrade, Jumpstart and Kickstart
· Configuration Management (puppet)
· Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis abilities
· Scripting in Perl and Shell
· Disaster Recovery
· SAN and Storage management, preferably with EMC/Netapp and Veritas experience
· Backups, with knowledge of Legato Networker, Commvault & Enterprise Tape Systems
· Directory services - DNS, LDAP directory.etc
· UNIX mail systems
· Veritas products - Volume Manager and Cluster
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account