Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate need for a Linux Engineer to support our client in Parsippany, NJ.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please call Shawn Mills @ 732-362-2596.
This position is for a hands-on technical Engineer with significant practical experience and expertise. The position is responsible for participation in production patching, upgrades, capacity planning, backup strategies, and software/hardware integration planning and execution. This includes maintenance, enhancements, upgrades and tuning across multiple functional environments. The role is to aid team members to expand their knowledge base and impact on the environment. The candidate will also serve as level 1 and/or 2 support for incidents.
1. 60% - Responsible for infrastructure/systems and applications support that maintains the operational integrity of systems/technologies located in datacenters and AWS on a 24x7 basis. Perform daily tasks within the scope of the role including but not limited to, health checks, routine maintenance, review patch/maintenance levels on operating systems and physical servers, update and create documentation and proactively support the infrastructure in production and non-production environments.
2. 20% - Maintain virtual & physical environment and capacity planning. Ensure availability for team members to escalate issues to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Responsible for maintaining and expanding the cloud environment, which includes platform as a service. Mentor others to provide a resilient team supporting off site data.
3. 10% - Assist IT personnel in a consulting capacity to ensure project success. Provide level 1 & 2 problem and incident response support for the enterprise production and non-production environments as well as for systems within the scope of the Technical Services infrastructure including domestic as well as global infrastructure components/systems where applicable. This includes on-call support activities and weekend/after hours as required.
4. 5% - Continuously improve knowledge base by internally generated research and development initiatives. This includes cross-training team members when required, participating in initial product release and adherence to document standards and practices.
5. 5% - Engage with internal business customers as well as external business partners in solution development scenarios in line with corporate standards and practices.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account