Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Solutions Engineer - Bloomberg Vault
12 months plus possible extensions
New York, NY
The Regulatory and Trading Operations (RTO) IT team is responsible for providing technology solutions for a number of strategic initiatives around Regulatory Reporting (e.g. G20 Regulations including Dodd Frank, MiFID), Compliance (Anti Money Laundering, Trade Surveillance and Supervision), Business Intelligence (Reporting), Collateral Management, Confirmations Management, Regulatory Data Service and Realtime Messaging Service.
As a member of the RTO Engineering team the individual will have an opportunity to be involved with a variety of engineering initiatives. A typical day involves close collaboration with different functions within the team – Developers and Business Analysis – and stakeholders outside the team.
This project will entail making our Books & Records are WORM compliant and that we have a designated third party (D3P). The storage medium for the Books & Records will be Bloomberg Vault. The Engineer will work closely with the Technology Project Manager as well as the vendor implementation manager (Bloomberg).
An ideal candidate will have a solid Solutions Engineering background with hands on experience with one or more of Application Architecture, Application Design / Deployments, Application Testing, Product Certification, Realtime Event Driven Systems Management, Application Integration, Application Monitoring, Databases. We operate in a very dynamic environment and follow Agile/Hybrid project methodology. We constantly look to introduce automation and new Open Source technologies in our solutions.
- Interfacing vendor
- Infrastructure acquisition and procurement
- Perform application management – deployments and administration
- Prepare solution design documentation
- Support non-production environment
- Assist with testing of developed / deployed applications
- Ensure project deliverables are met in timely manner and are of excellent quality
- Experience with Bloomberg Vault and/or another vault related solution specific to storing Books & Records
- Understanding of Messaging Systems and Paradigms (e.g. JMS) and Database design and Querying (e.g. Oracle)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Nice to have:
- Application Management Experience
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and DevOps Principles (e.g. JIRA/Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.)
- Understanding of Application Integration
- Enterprise Monitoring (e.g. Nastel, Dynatrace)
- Understanding of XML, XSLT, XPATH, JSON
- Experience with one of Scripting, Java/JMS, REST, .NET
- Experience with Application Testing, Test Automation
- Experience working on Regulatory related deliverables (e.g. mandates from FINRA, SEC, FED, etc.)
- Communication skills
- Able to apply knowledge from one area to another
- Collaboration & self driven
Technologies Currently in Use
- Linux and Windows
- Oracle, DB2, MongoDB
- Solace, WebSphere MQ, JBoss
- DROOLS, TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCO BusinessWorks
- Cognos, Business Objects
- Hadoop, Cloudera, docker
- J2EE stack, JMS
- Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube
- Nastel AutoPilot
- Lombard Colline
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account