Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC has a 12 month contract position available for a Deskside Support Analyst.
• Be the primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software, and communications support for the department
• Work closely with other IT support elements (such as ITS IT Client Services, IT Service Desk, and Mobile Kiosk)
• Assist in the decision making/planning process of IT needs at the beginning/end of each fiscal year
• Order standard IT equipment for the department and see to the disposal of retired equipment
• Maintain a proper inventory of all IT related equipment and software, which is reported to CIT on a quarterly basis
• Participate in the evaluation and piloting of new products and services (both hardware and software)
• Identify and propose IT applications that support the Department's work to CIT and assist in the development and implementation of the application
• Provide IT training for staff members, particularly for newly hired staff
• Administer information security standards, including requesting IT accounts (Notes and Windows), SecurIDs, and remote connectivity accounts (as applicable)
• Coordinate with Telecom Service unit to set up, transfer, and discontinue voice and data communication for the staff in the office and at home for Business Continuity designees
• Provide expertise on all Standard Software and Corporate applications
• Follow up on all fixes and repairs on IT products in the department
• Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences
• Prepare laptop PCs for mission travel
• Train laptop users in remote access systems, such as SSL VPN, Fiberlink, and Webmail and Notes replication
• Use the 'Remedy' call tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Systems Management, or related field
• Role Specific Experience: 2+ years of experience in a technical environment or in the area of customer support in a technology environment.
• Hands-on experience with resolving common problems in the area of Computer Hardware, Notes EM systems, Remote Access, and Network communications
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to guide a team of IT members to achieve results
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 100,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account