Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Title: L2 Network Engineer - Routing & Switching
Location: Remote w/ occasional travel
Duration: 6 month contract, extenable
The Engineer supports the availability and performance of the production network, which is considered mission-critical, which entails effectively applying technical skills and knowledge to specific projects and escalated problems from the NOC.
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor performance and diagnose problems in all aspects of the network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, WAN accelerators, Wireless, DHCP, DNS), so that acceptable levels of performance are maintained at all times
• Engineer and implement network solutions in a timely manner
• Connect equipment, conducting tests, configure equipment, and develop/update procedures
• Update documentation (drawings, spreadsheets, documents) of the network and produce reports in a fashion that is useful for peer and management review
• Operate diagnostic tools to isolate network issues
• Assist with the deployment of new solutions using a variety of WAN solutions (MPLS, point-to-point, VSAT, VPN)
• Handle escalation calls from the NOC, perform triage, resolve problems, or escalate to team members
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunication, Information Technology, or related.
• Role Specific Experience: 2+years of hands-on network engineering experience
• Experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, and hands-on LAN/WAN networking
• Hands-on experience with troubleshooting network issues
Preferred Certification Requirements:
• CCNA / CCNP Certification
• Good understanding of TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSI model, layer 2 and layer 3 concepts, routing protocols, VPN, and WAN connectivity
• Working experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account