Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
My client, a pharmaceutical company, located in Chesterbrook, PA has a 6 month contract available for an EDI Business Solutions Analyst.
Individuals in the EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead role are responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization. They collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements, and support user testing to achieve business goals as it relates to EDI/Data Exchange Services. EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, deepen client relationships, and effectively manages customer expectations.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, they collaborate with EITS teams to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. They take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. EDI Business Solutions Analysis Lead is responsible for proactively identifying technology opportunities that impact corporate business strategies and performance.
EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead will educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology. They also display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups.
EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead must have a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short- and long-term direction of the business and related technologies. EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead will interface directly with the internal business units as well as external EDI customers and suppliers to establish the specifications for interchange activity. EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead will have good working knowledge of the distribution channels and be able to confidently talk about ABC's EDI capabilities. The EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead will have working knowledge of the technical tools used in the EDI area. Job responsibilities include gathering EDI functional requirements, writing requirements, and providing project effort estimates. The EDI Business Solutions Analyst Lead must be familiar with Trading Partner setups, including knowledge of AS2, FTP and SFTP, handling requests and identifying all request aspects of EDI activity. Strong leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills are also required.
• Act as the primary EDI contact for suppliers, external customers, and internal business units
• Act as the initial contact for any issues from our Customers/Suppliers technical groups.
• Understand the project requirements from customers, suppliers, and internal business departments and be able to communicate them to the rest of the team.
• Resolve transaction processing issues and follow department reporting and communication procedures.
• Complete project functional requirements for EDI projects.
• Write Test cases and perform project testing.
• Be an escalation point to resolve issues from suppliers, external customers and internal customers.
• Establishes and maintains liaison relationship with business partners and IT organization in order to provide effective technical solutions.
• Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy requirements.
• Contributes to the business short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
• May provide direction for short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
• Provides input from a business and IT perspective.
• Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advices on options.
• Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
• Analyzes customer's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
• Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• May provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements.
• May provide assistance in business case development (i.e., research, data collection).
• May develop user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
• May review and approve test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
• May ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
• Investigates problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
• Identifies need for technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
• Keeps customers informed of problems, issues, and resolutions.
• Analyzes performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Manages customers' expectations.
• Ensures IT solutions meet customers' needs.
• May meet regularly with team to gather work statuses.
• May discuss work progress and obstacles.
• Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
• Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
• May generate appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
• May identify and remove obstacles to change.
• Coaches and transfers knowledge to less experienced team members
• Bachelor's degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 7+ years of relevant technical and business work experience.
• Requires experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes. Proficiency in IIBA principles and practices
• Minimum 5 + years relevant technical or business work experience.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team / group setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proven track record as an EDI Business Solutions Analyst with significant experience in writing requirements and analyzing EDI solutions in a high-volume environment.
• EDI knowledge and the ability to communicate in EDI terminology with internal customers, external customers and suppliers.
• Knowledge of XML, HTTP and other data interface formats deployed in an EDI solution.
• General knowledge in a number of technical products like; IBM Sterling Integrator, WTX, Axway Cyclone, Lightwell, WMQ, EDISIM, and other tools used in EDI solutions.
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply ABC technical options to solve them.
• Understanding of EDI Transaction Sets as well as identify X.12 and other EDI standards
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good time-management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of personal computers tools such as MS Office.
• Proven track record as a Lead and managing teams effectively with strong focus on overall achievement of goals and driving value for the organization.
Apply by creating/using an account