Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC, has a 6-month contract position available for a SQL Server Developer.
The Open Data suite of products (Databank, Open data APIs, data management tools) are being enhanced to build a more usable, functional, and robust open data management, publishing and browsing system. These activities will leverage the existing work done on the open data platform. Improvements will be done to Data Management tools, Data Collection System (DCS), to address the challenges raised by the open data initiative by speeding the collection process and automating the data flow. Partially implemented in automating the publish process to dissemination systems, databank and Open Data APIs, for the existing datasets successfully. Current environment is in SQL 2012. Following are the tasks to be performed by the resource.
- Primarily works on SQL development project.
- Migrating SQL 2012 to SQL 2016 or latest environment, if needed.
- Ensuring all the features and performance in new environment
- Implementing planned new features in DCS and Open Data APIs
Strong skills required:
- Experience in latest Microsoft SQL server development skills.
- Strong knowledge and hands on expertise in SQL server stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, jobs and performance tuning.
- Expertise on SQL Server Analysis Services, cubes and MDX query operations.
- Hands on SQL Server Integration Services experience and CLR implementations
- Strong communication skills
Optional skills required:
- Microsoft .NET language knowledge
- Documentation knowledge.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering
• Role Specific Experience: 7+ years of IT experience with thorough knowledge in analysis, design, coding and good knowledge of latest programming technologies
• Experience and good understanding of traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
• Experience with innovative use of analytical models
• Understanding of complex enterprise data models
• A range of skill set and good knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by the Application Team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 100,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account