Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
My customer, an international organization located in Washington, DC, has a 6-month contract position available for a Senior Business Intelligence Data Architect.
The client provides state-of-art information and technology applications to support the operations of the team. Functions provided ensure that the systems meet the business needs of users and external clients to manage business processes. The application landscape encompasses the core technologies include Azure, Oracle, SQL Server, Cisco Information Server (Composite), Informatica, .Net, HTML 5, CSS Frameworks, SharePoint and many others.
A senior data architect is needed in the Business Intelligence (BI) project to meet the demands and further develop additional capabilities of BI data applications. He/she is responsible for guiding the design and contribute to the implementation of the projects defined within the Data Management work program.
The candidate should have the following core skill set:
• At least 8 years of deep understanding of data platform technologies with experience in the following areas: Database architecture, ETL, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Advanced Analytics & Cloud computing
• At least 5 years of experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
• Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
• Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights and Hadoop
• Strong working experience in developing conceptual and logical data models for application databases and meta-data repositories.
• Knowledge of cloud security controls
• Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms
• Experience in developing strategies for data acquisitions, developing data structures and associated data policies
• Knowledge of SOA, with focus on service normalization.
The candidate will work closely with the project manager to deliver these deliverables:
• Build a cohesive ecosystem of systems/services to transition the on-prem (primarily Oracle) data solution to Azure Cloud Solution
• Build Azure data lake ETL pipelines component such as Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure SQL database and SQL Data Warehouse
• Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful migrations to cloud solutions.
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines and usability design standards
• Architect, develop and/or maintain production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
• Ensure that data validation processes, data quality control standards, testing strategy and test plans are applied to data applications
• Work with Enterprise Architecture group and OIS (Security Team) to follow standards set by these groups
• Work with application team leads to refine and tighten the security framework and access control for internal and external information sharing, including secured/confidential information sharing
• Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
• Work with application team leads to develop governance processes for managing services (version control), support services, service migration, monitoring and evaluation of services.
• Document definitions for all new data constructs and document the enhancements in a standard document.
• Contribute to the support and maintenance of an already existing body of data model and applications currently in production within the BI Data landscape
• Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
• Experience in various development methodology like Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Maturity to participate in multiple complex programs at the same time in an agile environment
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 100,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using an account