Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Software Developer - Java/SQL or .Net
9 months contract with possible extensions
Please send resumes to Karen.Bigini@nttdata.com
This position requires the job seeker to design and develop software assignments within a software functional area. Acts as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid level staff and provides technical leadership to small development teams. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products.
1. Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
2. Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
3. Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems. Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
4. Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance and technical abilities. Mentors and coaches team members.
5. Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
6. Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
7. Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
8. Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
9. Other duties as assigned
Java/SQL Developer/.Net or any related technologies that involves programming and data access.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 3+ years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
6. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
7. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
9. Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
10. Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
Can you tell me a little bit about the project that this contractor will be working on and what is creating the need for this positon?
• This is for MVR (Motor Vehicle Reporting) group, they will be gathering information from various police departments and state DMV
• This information will be provided to satisfy the needs of insurance companies they partner with
So that suppliers can paint a good picture to candidates, can you walk me through what a typical day might look like?
• 80% ECL development
• 20% design and documentation
Does your team work standard core hours or does that vary?
• Core business hours
• Very rare to work off hours, sometimes during a release or issue
What would you say are the TOP 3 must-have skills you're looking for? (Measurable skills, technologies, etc.)
1.) Programming background with relational databases
2.) Flexibility learning new technologies
How many years of experience are you looking for? As you start to go through resumes, what would stand out to you as the BEST candidate versus an AVERAGE candidate?
• 3+, anyone with a history of picking up new technologies is a plus
Once you pick a few possible candidates for interviews, what date range works best to set up those interviews?
• Phone interview
• Then face to face interview
Apply by creating/using an account