Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Infrastructure Design Engineer - Citrix/Virtualization
6+ month contract
Responsible for the engineering of various aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures which might include network, compute, storage, platform, middleware and telephony. Leads the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design data center infrastructure, networking and telephony systems while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. Develops and maintains technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with services partners as needed. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. Partner and consult with varied technical and management staff to identify and plan access data center and cloud infrastructure designs, physical data center requirements and impacts and resolve design problems.
• Experience with Citrix Application provisioning and desktop services
• Understanding of VMware VSphere 6.0 at minimum
• Virtual Application packaging and remediation desired: (VMware)
• Virtual software provisioning skills (desired: VMware (vCloud/vCAC/vRAC)
• Virtual Desktop Administration VMware Horizon View
• Windows Desktop Administration Skills. Microsoft 7,Windows 8.x)
• Template and Image creation
• Experience with AD GPO Configuration and Implementation
• Familiarity with NetApp NFS or other SAN technologies
• Owns the planning and development of engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
• Maintains technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
• Defines hardware and software performance standards.
• Proactively provides information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
• Leads the detailed infrastructure design of large and complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
• Provides operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
• Provides detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
• Collaborates with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of systems engineering experience is required.
• In lieu of degree, 7 years of systems engineering experience.
• Direct experience in one or more of the following technical specialties: network, compute, storage, telephony, platform, middleware, and/or database.
• Experience automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
• Experience successfully leading data center projects and initiatives.
• Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties): Software defined networking; Software defined storage; Compute virtualization; Private/public cloud; Software defined WAN; Network function virtualization; Linux containers; Platform-as-a-service; Experience engineering technologies to be delivered "as a service” and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
• Strong leadership skills with exceptional technical aptitude in varied areas.
• Must be able to work independently and be self sufficient in defining and realizing infrastructure designs.
• Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
• Solid background in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
• Proven debugging skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skillset.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows.
• Ability to correlate technical actions to business impact
• Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively managing change.
• Relevant technical certification preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account