Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assembles key players on the project team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Outline project responsibilities and task interfaces, directs, motivates and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Plays a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups' responsibilities are included.
• Facilitate the creation of the project charter and examine project related technical documentation for completeness and latest versions and insure availability and distribution to all project team members. Insure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes.
• Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables and manage deviations from plan. Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual project progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective stakeholders and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and liaise with supplier and contractor representatives.
• Identify risks in projects and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Examine risks associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Document the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and develop program solutions to minimize the impact and ensure alignment to time and scope.
• Attend and/or host management and project team meetings as required keeping the project team informed and progressing including project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects.
• Upon project completion or premature cessation, close all project documentation and archive actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects. Coordinate practical details of the transfer of the care, custody and control of the final product including assembly and transfer of operational and maintenance documentation. Provide recommendations of lessons learned for improvements in process and procedure both within the PM structure as well as across groups.
• Minimum 5+ year's industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
• Proficient in MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS Project preferred but not required.
• Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
• Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a business leader; problem solving skills a must.
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership.
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
• Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
• Knowledge of new product development processes, Go to Market strategies, and product life cycle management.
• Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
• Experience working in a technical industry.
• Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
• Experience working on projects in a wireless industry.
• Servant Leader – Must garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
• Communicative and Social – Must communicate well with teams and use a collaborative approach to provide a healthy working environment for the project team
• Facilitative – Must lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Assertive – Must ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; Must be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
• Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
• Enthusiastic – Must be high energy and positive outlook
• Continual Improvement – Must continually grow their craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage their self and their team
• Conflict Resolution – Must facilitate discussion and alternatives or different approaches
• Attitude of Empowerment – Must lead a team to self-organization
• Attitude of Transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management, or combination of equivalent experience and education
• Master's / Advanced degree desired
• Certifications in focused areas such as project management, Agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certifications are desired
Additional General Requirements:
• Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
• This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
• Supplier is required to supply a laptop with MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Apply by creating/using account