Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, an international financial organization located in Washington, DC has a 10 month contract position available for a Oracle PL/SQL Developer.
The desired candidate will fill in the position of a PL/SQL developer. This person's primary responsibility will be to develop PL/SQL code – procedure, functions, and packages to transform the source data based on business rules and load them in to target tables in the warehouse. Other responsibilities include query analysis & optimization, and maintenance of the data models.
Essential Job Functions:
• Write optimized SQL, PL/SQL Packages and Stored procedures
• Write Low Level Design, Unit Testing Plan, and Unit Test case documentation
• Troubleshoot performance related issues
• Support system and user acceptance testing activities, including issue resolution
• Research problems reported by clients and other stakeholders and recommend fixes and solutions to be implemented after review by SMEs
• Complete technical documentation to ensure system is fully documented
Educational Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, and 5+ years of experience in Oracle development environment
• Good PL SQL programming experience in Oracle 12c – creating procedure, packages, functions, and triggers
• Good experience in development of Data Warehouse, Operational Data Store, and ETL solutions
• Good experience with data storage and retrieval
• Good experience with SQL analysis and query optimization
• Good experience with Job Scheduling
• Good experience with Shell Scripting
• Basic experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Oracle Certification
• Good analytical and problem solving abilities
• Basic knowledge of data modeling concepts and methodologies (Kimball) used in a data warehousing environment
• Good communication and writing skills with the ability to work in challenging environment
• Ability to multi-task their workload assignments
• Good analytical, problem-identification/solving skills
• Self-starter who enjoys working in an international team
• Flexibility, creativity and initiative
• Good knowledge and experience in PL/SQL, PL/SQL Standard Packages in Oracle 12c (latest DB version) and/or SQL server
•Proficiency in reporting tools – Crystal Reports, Business Objects Enterprise server and Tableau
•Oracle Security, specifically as it pertains to web-based applications
•Familiarity with financial accounting systems and Data Warehouse (ETL Process)
• Knowledge of PL/SQL Developer or TOAD
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account