Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, an international financial organization located in Washington, DC has a 10 month contract position available for a DevOps/Linux Engineer.
The incumbent will work in the Systems Management (ITSSM) team, which is responsible for maintaining IT operational infrastructure and providing the following services to the organization: Server Systems administration (Linux, AIX, Solaris Windows, and Virtualization platforms), Disk Storage and SAN administration, Data Backup and Restore administration, Server Security administration, and operational and infrastructure components of business continuity. Many related activities like Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Software Distribution, Availability Monitoring, and others are also performed by this group.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and maintain up- to-date Operational System software, patch levels, firmware, drivers, and related program products
• Configure and customize software in accordance with site requirements
• Suggest and promote System Changes in accordance with documented SOPs (Standard Operational Procedures)
• Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, and first level maintenance of the various application servers, systems and associated peripherals, including adequate follow up on Problem Resolution tracking using the Remedy tool
• Engage in system capacity planning and monitoring and generate health and usage reports of systems
• Participate in "On Call” weekly shifts supporting off hours and weekend activity
• Review and monitor service indicators to meet the agreed upon service levels
• Interact with software and hardware maintenance providers in enforcing adequate levels of support to installed hardware and software
• Provide support to other technical staff in performing account management, disk space management, backups, baseline security administration, testing of system features, and other systems administration activities
• Produce and maintain appropriate documentation and charts describing hardware setups, diagrams, operational procedures, and overall inventory
• Produce weekly reports of activities and operational status of systems under his/her control
• Monitor and review use of systems for Bank access control policy violations in line with Bank's guidelines
• Ensure that the defined decommissioning and disposal procedures are followed for all hardware systems and media
• Report and respond to critical security events and take corrective measures per defined security incident management processes
• Follow and comply with the Group policies, processes, and procedures
• Participate in audits, as needed, producing necessary documentation, reports, and explanations, and implement corrective and preventive action plans approved by unit managers
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Role Specific Experience: 3+ years of experience
• System administration experience in Redhat, operating system.
• Experience in managing mission critical infrastructure, oracle RAC clusters in Redhat in Linux with proven involvement in operations required for stringent uptime service levels
• Experience in supporting SAN disks, Volume groups, and file systems
• Experience in programming using any one of languages like, C, C++, Python, Ruby etc.
• Experience in configuration management tool Chef.
• Experience in working with configuring machines and services in cloud.
• Knowledge in the computer algorithms, data structures and optimization concepts in coding
• Experience in DevOps field.
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account