Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, a pharmaceutical distribution company located in Chesterbrook, PA has a contract position available for a Scrum Master.
This is for the client's Enterprise Analytics Platform Project dealing with big data environments.
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting transparency. This position requires committed to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team. You will facilitate daily stand-ups and ensure the integrity of the agile process by capturing velocity and removing obstacles to drive projects to successful release. In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with senior management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
• Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Project Managers to support development and software delivery
• Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals
• Track and report Scrum team velocity and manage Sprint capacity
• Manage high-level budgeting and time tracking
• Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary
• Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters
• Work with Development managers to manage team capacity
• Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
• Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
• Adapt approach based on cultural shifts and regulatory requirements
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
• Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 4-5+ years Scrum Master experience
• 6+ years of information technology experience
• Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
• Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects
• Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated experience working in and leading teams that leverage Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration processes
• Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
• Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
• Experience with relevant business software e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Team Foundation Server
• Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Agile or Scrum templates
• Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
• Highly adaptable to changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
• Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and virtues of coded unit tests.
• SM needs to have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
• Previous technical experience with the Microsoft technology stack (C#, SQL Server) is desired
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
Ideal Candidate will have:
4-5 years of Scrum Master experience.
Experience with Team Foundation Server
Experience and proven success in driving initiatives and being adaptable and flexible working with different types of people and personalities.
Experience in a Big Data/Data Warehouse environment.
Experience working in environments with Hybrid Project Management approaches (Waterfall & Agile)
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account