Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
My customer, an international financial organization located in Washington, DC has a 3+ month contract position available for a Bi Data Architect.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the data architecture , modeling and data analysis activities within the Business Intelligence (BI) Work Program. He/she should have a strong foundation and hands-on experience in data modeling , profiling and analysing source systems and facilitating data integration based on industry best practices
The selected candidate will work closely with Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Analysts and Software Developers to design and develop appropriate data models and integration approach.
Essential Job Functions:
• Consult, facilitate understanding and translate data requirements into logical, physical and semantic layer models across the analytical data environment.
• Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs.
• Profile and analyze source system data to determine data relationships, design constructs, consistency and quality.
• Ensure that data designs follow architectural best practices and appropriate business rules
• Facilitate data integration, conformity, data quality, integrity and consolidation
• Be an advocate for best practices while balancing business value and reasonable practicality
• Create and Maintain critical data documentation and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged as a shared asset.
• Set the strategy and repeatable process for maintaining the Enterprise Data model using automated tools.
• Analyze and evaluate data definition and modeling environment providing key recommendations for improvement. Assist in defining data modeling standards, and foundational best practices.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Role Specific Experience: 6+ years of years of hands-on data modeling expertise for relational databases – both for logical and physical data models
• Experience with building and maintaining physical and logical database models in Erwin
• 5+ years of experience in ERWIN (7.x and above) and Oracle 10.x/11.x. PL/SQL programming
• Extensive experience in various development methodology like Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Experience in Data/Web Services Technology , ETL tools preferably Informatica
• Advanced understanding of data integration, data virtualization, data federation, and database design techniques
• Advanced knowledge of dimensional modeling, modeling for reporting applications, normalization techniques, forward-engineering, and reverse-engineering techniques
• In-depth understanding and practical expertise with regards to structured system development methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of designing multidimensional databases
• Knowledge of various process modeling techniques (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams)
• High level of creativity and lateral thinking
• Excellent communication, writing/documentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
• Proficiency in the following technologies:
Programming Languages: PL/SQL
Database: Oracle 10g/11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux
Design Language: UML, Visio, Erwin 7.3x and above
Tools: Informatica 9.0.x – Power Center, IDQ, MDM, Composite Software 6x
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
• Global development experience
• ETL experience with Informatica
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Apply by creating/using account