Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Contract Manager (I)
Position Title: Contract Manager (I)
Business Title: Procurement Contract Manager
Job Function: Supply Chain Management
Job Sub-function: Contract Management
The primary role of the Contract Administrator is to provide functional expertise to internal clients throughout the contracting process. The Contract Administrator uses their knowledge of business arrangements to analyze agreement structures and will recommend the proper legal agreement(s) to fit the situation. The Contract Administrator will be the first point of contact for answering legal questions regarding a contract during the term of the contract.
Advise clients on all aspects of the contracting process.
Particpate as part of the negotiating team on supplier agreements
Select, revise, and draft appropriate legal agreements to fit business situations. Draft/revise language to address new risk areas as business needs evolve (i.e. cloud services personal data protection)
Communicate effectively with internal and external attorneys, internal partnership marketing associates (backup responsibilities only), and suppliers.
Prepare agreement summaries which include analysis on costs, risks, benefits, etc.
Respond to questions concerning the execution of existing agreements.
Identify cost savings opportunities whenever possible, and recommend contractual terms that mitigate risk.
Provide back-up support for the Teradata escrow process
Provide back-up support for the Teradata Supplier Diversity Program Assist in the identification of Minority, Woman or Veteran Businesses, Represent Teradata at Diversity forums or related business events, perform tracking and reporting in accordance to supplier/government reporting requirements.
Provide back-up support Teradata's IP Evaluation process – selection and support of agreements defined for each product offering, secure appropriate business signoffs/approvals and ensure Certificates of Destruction are obtained and maintained upon conclusion. Customer Supporting role.
Participate in occasional special projects involving contract management/Procurement as needed.
Work environment and schedule
Normal office environment
M-F, 8 a.m. – 5+ p.m. (this position is a 40+ hour/week position, but may require extended hours during times of peak activity).
This is not a virtual/flex time position.
Skills & Attributes
• Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply.
• Adaptable - Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches.
• Excellent communication (written and oral), business, analytical, and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to lead problem solving activity
• Effective resource management and project management skills/capabilities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to support a high volume of activity
• Learn and maintain high level familiarity of Procurement commodity areas adequate to drive negotiations to timely resolution/delivery.
• Bachelors or Associate degree in legal, paralegal, or possess relevant work experience.
• Have strong skills in a variety of areas including paralegal work, communication, organization, teaming, analysis, and decision making.
• Intellectual Property
• Significant Supplier agreements experience
• Comfort with data analytics and reporting tools.
• Ability to type
• Ability to look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
• Ability to sit for at least 8 hours/mostly sedentary work
• Ability to push/pull/drag up to 25 lbs
• Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
• Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
Apply by creating/using an account