Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
VW Used Car Business Development Manager
HOME-BASED (Southern California - LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Vegas)
Years of Experience:
• 7+ years of experience in automotive industry focused on used car operations, dealer financial management, and wholesale to retail processing
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Management or equivalent
• Possess strong technical skills, industry and competitive insight of the used car market
• Solid dealer operations experience with the ability to interpret dealer financial statements and identify investments and efficiency improvements to improve profitability relating to used car operations
• Solid understanding of auction operations and wholesale processes
• Previous experience of working in a dealership specifically in a sales capacity
• Strong understanding of retail financing programs specific to used car customers
• Proven leadership with the ability to motivate and engage dealer personnel and management in the used car business
• Ability to assess situations, diagnose problems, structure argument and create a compelling business case
• Ability to persuade, influence, challenge and negotiate with at all levels of a dealership including Dealer Principal, General Manager, F&I, Parts and Service, New and Used operations
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Customer centric with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment without interrupting dealer service
• Must be a self-starter and able to initiate independent action with minimal supervision
• Proven experience in dealer process improvement and growth management experience
• Knowledge of TDI product and unique selling points
• Able to travel domestically in local markets as required (70+% expected)
• Able to maintain flexible schedule and hours
This role will engage directly with dealership used car departments and general management to advocate for increased penetration of TDI vehicles in the dealer's portfolio. The ability to build a business case that illustrates enhanced profitability in the used car dept. and the dealership overall will be key. The goal is to grow upstream and auction purchases in the market and implement sales strategies that support a profitable used car business that leverages the large volume of TDI vehicles available.
This role will be the lead advocate and communication point for all wholesale and retail incentive programs including, but not limited to, TDI Purchase Bonus and wholesale finance incentives.
This role will focus on developing business plans to grow used car sales within existing dealer footprints by helping to align pay plans, ensure adoption of best-in-practice tools and software, and highlighting the profit opportunity across the dealership that is generated by a healthy used car department.
This role will serve as the primary local interface to Volkswagen Credit (VCI) in relation to any captive finance support initiatives (rate subvention, wholesale credit line, etc.) and will advocate for cost-effective solutions aimed at a timely and stable remarketing process. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate the benefits of TDI-specific lending policies and programs to VW dealers.
This role will ensure that resale activities at dealer locations comply with all stipulated legal provisions (e.g. closure of existing recall campaigns, proper labeling and disclosures, etc.)
This role will also indirectly support alternative resale channels, including but not limited to export, ride-hailing, and fleet sales.
The structure of this role will have a significant variable compensation component that will be driven off attainment of used wholesale and auction purchases within the assigned territory in addition to ensuring dealer participation and their implementation of programs specific to TDI.
Strategy and Leadership
• Define annual business plan for assigned territory's used car department jointly with store management, local corporate sales operations managers, and regional used car manager
• Monitor trends in used car values and demand in assigned territory and escalate and elevate risks and opportunities
• Train and educate dealer personnel on the program offerings and product through in-person and webinar trainings and forum discussions
• Work with dealership management to ensure that pay plans and policies align with a volume growth model for used car sales
Performance Management & Execution
• Deploy local discretionary budget to optimize opportunities and build engagement with high potential dealership.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting on effectiveness of sales initiatives
• Educate and advocate for VW remarketed units to non-VW franchises and independent dealers to increase auction purchase activity
• Support auctions with in-person support and engagement
• Ensure awareness of activities and plans to region used car management
• Ensure growth of used vehicle wholesale activity across all channels (network and non-network) in assigned territory
Apply by creating/using an account