Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Information Technology Strategist works cooperatively with business units and information technology to develop the roadmap for future Medicaid Modernization initiatives.
***NOTE: While the client will consider web interviews for extremely strong candidates, candidates able to come for an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW are strongly preferred by the client***
The ITS1 role will bridge the gap between future technology initiatives and current/desired Medicaid business process and requirements. The Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) is in the initiation phase of a large, multi-year system implementation project. The scope of the project includes the implementation of a modern architecture platform and procurement of several new Medicaid modules to meet the IME's requirements for managing Medicaid health benefits for over a million Iowa citizens. The migration from the current environment to the future-state platform will involve the modernization or replacement of dozens of legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of hundreds of system-to-system interfaces.
The IT Strategist bridges the business subject matter expert and technological future scape. The Federal and State Medicaid Modernization initiative is a multi-year / multi-million dollar program of work undertaken with the goal of streamlining and scaling state Medicaid programs to increase effectiveness and efficiency of these programs while systematically improving the quality of experience of Medicaid enrollees. The IT Strategist is a key component by having the experience and knowledge of the Medicaid (State and Federal) system while working directly with the Information Technology department and project leaders in planning the roadmap for the future modernization
The IT Strategist will be responsible for coordinating efforts between business departments and Information Technology by assisting and/or leading the following activities:
• Own the business process and program/service scope inventories
• Define the structure for organizing business process and requirements documentation
• Resolve business decision blockers raised by project teams
• Collaborate with business owners and executive leadership to make well-informed project decisions
• Facilitate the prioritization of program initiatives
• Define the module implementation approach
• Research the necessary modules for Iowa and participate in the RFP/procurement process
• Develop the program roadmap
The IT Strategist will work with multiple business and platform areas including Fiscal, Information Technology, Iowa Medicaid Enterprise, and the Client (Client) potentially including upper level state government committees.
Ability to manage multiple swim lanes across IT and Business to align the delivery of complex IT systems with business processes and federal compliance requirements.
The IT Strategist will be part of the Information Technology team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; develop forward thinking plans of action; resource requirements; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
• Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing change management initiatives
• Demonstrate experience managing multiple complex funding streams
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
Required / Desired Skills
Apply by creating/using an account