Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
*** Job Title: Payroll Specialist ***
Primary Purpose: Under broad supervision, responsible for timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the organization's Payroll. This includes the preparation, documentation and disbursement of the organization's payroll.
• Responsible to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the organization's payroll.
• Ensures appropriate withholding of federal, state and local income taxes, and works directly with the Payroll Tax team regarding any issues or concerns that may arise.
• Ensures all other voluntary and involuntary deductions are taken and accounted for throughout the payroll life cycle; to include (but not limited to) benefits, 401k, United Way, garnishments, etc.
• Knowledge of ADP GlobalView / ADP PCPW payroll system preferred.
• Knowledge of Workday HCM and Payroll system preferred.
• Responds to all inquiries relating to payroll and payroll systems.
• Ensures complete pay information is properly recorded and accurately calculated for each payroll cycle.
• Reviews payroll reports to identify potential problems and contacts business units to resolve discrepancies as needed.
• Reviews payroll quality assurance reports; performs analysis and takes appropriate action where results fall outside of established standards.
• Provides ongoing support through day-to-day activities and deliverables.
• Coordinates and executes all activities relating to year-end bonus payments and other year-end activities impacting employees.
• Provides customer and stakeholder support for issues that arise, and helps with planning for problem resolution along with mitigation of issues on a go-forward basis.
• Recommends, develops and implements changes to processes, procedures and workflows, leading to greater efficiency and accuracy throughout the US payroll operations.
• Works as a team member closely with the Contact Center leadership team, as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 support as it relates to payroll processing activities.
• Works closely with ADP's managed services team.
• Reviews and assists with vendor enhancements and program changes to upgrade the payroll system as necessary.
• Analysis, research, problem resolution and administration of payroll processes. Specific processes could include payroll accounting, G/L Interface, account reconciliation, accruals, tax reporting/payments, T&A interfaces, garnishment processing, leave accruals, W-2 Processing, W-2C's, etc.
• Provides payroll reports and other information as needed/requested.
• Adheres to and completed all activities related to SOX and internal control compliance.
• Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
Job Specifications / Requirements
• Degree in business related discipline (Business, Accounting, Finance, HR, etc.), or the equivalent of combination of education and work experience
• Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in payroll processing and associated activities
• Working knowledge of payroll tax
• Strong knowledge of payroll policies, procedures, regulations, and systems for payroll/tax reporting
• Creative analytical and problem solving background
• Demonstrates analytical strengths in payroll environment
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be a customer-focused, self-driven, results-oriented individual with an emphasis on quality, detail and accuracy
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Apply by creating/using an account