Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Short Description: VDH Project Manager 3
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ONLY in-person interviews will be conducted, NO Skype, NO exceptions
*candidates MUST possess PMP certification through PMI or VITA's PM certification. No other certification qualify.
This new resource will work as part of the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Information Management (OIM) team and will be responsible for providing project management services for two critical Division of Disease Prevention (DDP) projects.
General Job Description:
This new resource will work as part of the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Information Management (OIM) team and will be responsible for providing project management services for two critical Division of Disease Prevention (DDP) projects: Replacing the eCompass system and a new ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) application. This resource will also provide technical assistance to business users as needed. The consultant will work with business owner to review the requirements for both systems and assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) creation and evaluation process. The new resource will be responsible for all the required VITA project management documentations and will manage the data migration and all tasks associated with implementation of these two projects.
1. Provide project management services for two critical projects: replacing the eCompass system and a new ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) application.
2. Work with the business team to review business requirements for both systems and assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) creation.
3. Ensure the proper reviews of the RFP
4. Participate on the evaluation teams for both projects
5. Create all appropriate and required documentation from a VITA project management perspective
6. Hold regular business and technical team meetings to ensure the project is on time and on budget.
7. Once vendors are selected, work with technology and business staff to perform data migration and manage all tasks associated with standing up a new technology.
9. Complete final paperwork once the project is complete and ensure ongoing governance is in place.
Required Experience and Skill Set:
Experience in creating project charters, project schedules, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), communication, risk, and budget plans, include Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).
Experience in status tracking and forecasting, quality, and performance planning.
Experience with IT contracts, third party vendors, Request for Proposal (RFP) and procurement duties.
Experience writing software proposals, Memorandum of Agreements (MOA), and Statements of Work (SOW).
Experience in performing feasibility studies and gap analysis.
Experience working with technology and business staff to perform large-scale complex data migration.
Knowledge of web based applications and application architectures.
Experience working with infrastructure teams for hardware needs.
Knowledge of Cloud and Oversight Services and Supply Chain Management processes.
Experience with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum.
Experience with implementation planning and post- implementation support.
Knowledge of the Commonwealth of Virginia Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) Project Manager Selection and Training Standard and Technology Management Project Management Standard.
Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
Ability to work on multiple projects/issues simultaneously. Must have the ability to assess the impact of software upgrades and other environment changes.
Required / Desired Skills
Global Candidate Requirements
Apply by creating/using an account