Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
IT Data Architect
As an IT Data Architect at Teradata, you will participate in complex, multi-disciplinary projects related to the Teradata Analytics platform. The Teradata Analytics Platform team is an IT organization chartered to utilize Teradata products and services to deliver information and analytic capabilities to all Teradata business functions and external stakeholders. As an IT Data Architect, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of Teradata data and data structures using logical and physical data models. The Data Architect is responsible for developing and enforcing data modeling standards and best practices, managing the enterprise data model and managing all metadata in the Teradata Analytics Platform environment. The Data Architect role is broader than the role of a typical application level "data modeler” in that it involves identifying the data needs, providing guidance on how to extract, transform and load the data and integrating the new data and applications with master data and other existing data in the Teradata Analytics Platform. It also involves modeling from a neutral perspective rather than from a single business functional perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand the business process; facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
• Prepare process models to document data and information flows for sourcing and accessing warehouse data.
• Provide mapping between existing processes and proposed replacement processes.
• Perform data profiling and data analysis
• Design conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Design views and dimensional structures based on the 3NF model.
• Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with complete metadata.
• Manage and maintain the data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
• Provide input and feedback regarding ETL processes
• Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
• Proficient in industry standard techniques for data modeling, process modeling, master data management, metadata management and enterprise data management and data stewardship
• Proficient in 3rd normal form relational modeling and dimensional modeling.
• In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
• Experience with the ERwin data modeling tool.
• Strong SQL and analytical skills.
• Strong understanding of Master Data Management disciplines and methodology.
• Hands on experience with relational DBMS, with Teradata experience desired.
• Good understanding of ETL processes and ETL best practices.
• Experience/ familiarity with Business Intelligence tools. For example: Business Objects and MS Power BI.
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Aster, Big Data and Cloud Architecture is a plus
• Excellent teaming and communication skills.
• Effective multi-tasking skills.
• Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline
• 10+ years of related experience
This position is in San Diego, CA and may require up to 20% travel.
Apply by creating/using account