1. Assists in ensuring that the site complies with all pertinent HSE regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and/or other externally driven requirements.
2. Assists in ensuring that the site complies with all pertinent Alcon and Client HSE Guidelines and associated Guidance Notes.
3. Provides HSE services to the site in an effective and efficient manner.
4. Provides assistance to the site's primary point of contact on HSE issues for regulatory authorities.
5. Supports the development and maintenance of an effective and efficient HSE Management System and provides basic assistance for some of the supporting programs (e.g. Chemical Safety, Biosafety, Laser Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Compliance, Occupational Health, Client Emergency Management (NEM) and data reporting).
6. Supports incident response procedures and reporting.
7. Supports the risk management program for the site (e.g. Safety, Health and Environment Loss Prevention Reviews and Business Continuity).
At least 6 months of professional experience related to HSE and/or BC but may be a recent college/university graduate with experience limited to internships or similar.
Possesses basic awareness of regulations and their impact on Alcon operations. In case of ambiguity, is able to seek and follow direction from supervisor.
Possesses basic understanding of the "hierarchy of controls " principle. Possesses basic understanding of engineering and administrative controls. Possesses basic understanding of the uses and hazards associated with personal protective equipment.
Able to effectively compare an operation against an inspection worksheet or checklist and identify performance gaps.
Understands basic incident response procedures and the incident/unified command structure based on site complexity and risk level.
Diploma and 1 to 2 years of college / university.
Degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, environmental science, occupational health and/or medicine, engineering or related field preferred.