Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer (San Diego, CA)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world's toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Labs is looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic hybrid cloud environment. In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• Implement/integrate IntelliCloud solutions within customer data centers
• You are able to contribute to designs of and independently operate highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments.
• Metric driven with focus on continual improvement
• Comfortable working with distributed teams
• Automation is in your DNA
• System and IT Operations
• Continuous deployments
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
• Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware
• Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
• Strong code/scripting skills for IaaS automation
• Experience with managing and integrating Identity Management tools such as Microsoft Active Directory
• Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
• Experience working with IaaS/Infrastructure as Code tools, such as CloudFormations, Terraform, etc
• Experience working in a cloud/IaaS environment – AWS, Azure
• Monitoring/Alerting tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Icinga and Graphite
• Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Kubernetes, Docker or LXC
• Expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
• Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of relevant job experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Specific skills and roles: Role was CAH IaaS offering, customer facing, virtual environment to host VM, bare metal, or container. Customers can host their apps with self-service capabilities. Plug into management console by customers. Platform will consume APIs to configure the environment. Allows customers to come into the environment to be close to Database.
Made of compute, storage, network, with VMware now, container coming later which would be provisioned on top of bare metals.
Virtualization is key inside a private cloud (our dc) so VMWare. Infrastructure automation. Need to have an infra background but with tendency to automate those environments. Need to understand compute/storage/network, don't need to be an expert in all 3 but know enough about them to get stuff done and/or ask for help where needed. CAH currently only in our DC, but will need to extend into public cloud so experience here is needed too.
Apply by creating/using account